Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 Trail Blazer - there is no heat til I am about 30 miles down road. then a little heat comes out but fan does not start. Other days fan comes on but no heat. I replaced the rheostat twice and blower motor once. When I replace the rheostat it works for a day and then I have the same problem. As for A/C it works for a short time then fan shuts off cool air finally dies off.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
Your coolant is low in the radiator and your overflow box. This issue is a driver-lack-of-maintenance issue and not a vehicle issue.

By the way, a rheostat is an electronic device that you can vary the resistance on. The blower motor does connect to a 'non-adjustable resistor.' The item you replaced twice is called a 'thermostat,' not a rheostat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rheostat may be referring to the heater blower "resistor" or in this case electronic speed control module or fan speed module.
Low coolant has nothing to do with whether the fan blows out the vents or not.

Sounds like you have a blower airflow problem and not a coolant level issue.

You could pull wire connector on the blower motor when it cuts off and see if there is power but I bet there is not. If so, could be sticking motor but the electronic resistor speed control is the more likely suspect or a loose connection somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts