Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,146 Posts
06 Trailblazer SS, Low beam and day runners just went out. High beams still work. Any ideas on why his lows will not work??
Thanks for any ideas or help.
DRL (daytime running lights) and lowbeams are the same bulb...could be as simple as the bulb...

9006- lowbeam/DRL bulb
9005- high beam

otherwise check yur fuses
:tiphat

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,146 Posts
thank you. Will double check, but lights have been checked and so have the fuses..:x could it be a short? Are there fuses anywhere else for the headlights??
Again thank you for the help.
yu live anywhere near belleville/nutley nj? i saw a white and black SS within this past 4 days driving with their highbeams on for no reason :undecided :crazy:

another issue is a common (VERY) common headlight switch problem...2006 still under warranty?

· Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
8,149 Posts
There is one fuse for each headlight and one relay (#46) that covers both headlights. Try switching #45 and #46 to see if the lights work. If they work, get a new relay. Is only one light out? It could also be a burned/melted socket.:m2:

· Registered
435 Posts
Probably not the headlight bulbs...

This just happened to my '06 Envoy - The headlight 'relay' - a solid state relay - just quit one night. I swapped the relay with the one for the engine cooling fan and made it home. The relay eventually failed hard, and I replaced it this week for about $42.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee

· Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
This just happened to me todaay. LIghts wentout last week, I took it to my dealer and he found fuse # 57 headlight Driver Module fuse was burnt. The tech aid thatthis does hapen. And since I insalled HIDs he told me touse a 20 amp fuse and now they work. ry using a 20amp fuse.

· Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
8,149 Posts
Is a 20 amp fuse what was originally called for? If the dealer told me to use a fuse bigger than called for, I would get it in writing.:m2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.