Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
i've seen tb's on the site with them... they look pretty good, there are others tho and i'd suggest you get tint instead of tint covers

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
With those lights in particular, people have complained of crappy light output, and lens fogging. Those headlights use either an H1 or H3 bulb. If you want something of that style, there's a set somewhere on eBay with a functional projector, not just a dummy projector like those. Or you can do a retrofit.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Yep those are the nicer lights. They look great too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Yup, those are the lights. I haven't seen them up close. I'd like to see the light pattern at night, as well as how they hold up a year from now. If the light output is anything close to a true projector retrofit, I'd pick them up :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'll have to be the guinea pig. I might just order these whenever I get my next check and report back after the install. I wish the price was a little better but if these light are quality, then it would be worth it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
99 Posts
hello guys,

I had this hedalights when iv'e got my tb 05 *. But problem : the cover inside the headlight that cover the bulbs went off.
I have problem to put back the part > cant' reach it from either the front an tha back. Any help...

May be i can take off this part and put this kind of of bulbs ???

before then, what can i do to hide the full light while drinving night ???

thanks for help

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
2,251 Posts
Hey.

I have these ones. (I've yet to connect the damn halos... sheesh)

http://www.anzousa.com/mmproducts/headlight_prod/chevy/111131.html

They have other styles as well...
http://www.anzousa.com/pages/products/headlights/head_chevy.html#Head_ChevyTrail

I've heard of the fogging/clarity issue from other manufacturers. I don't have this problem, but then again, these aren't cheap knockoffs either (you get what you pay for). What I have noticed (this is my 3rd set of headlamps for the TBSS), that the knockoffs/cheapos have a BIG gap between the main housing and the lense. Plenty of room for road dirt and water to get into the housing. This can be fixed with a bead of clear silicone. I've done this to the Anzo's (they didn't have that big of a gap) too, just because it's habit now. My lenses have yet to fog up or get crap in them.

The projector is functional & bright - as long as you dump the stock halogen bulb with sucks anyways. They do use H1 & H7 bulbs, but that shouldn't be an issue.

The high-beam is also very bright.

There's a 'cut-off' line for the non-high beams that's visible but it doesn't seem to affect anything IMO. I've probably grown used to it.

I'm happy with these lamps.

If ya wanna know more, just pm me mang. :thumbsup:

To Taravana: I don't know if LED lights will be bright enough for night driving. You might want to look into it a little more before burning that kind of money on LEDs. As for your other little problem, the only way I can see you fixing that is by carefully removing the lens. Good luck - I've yet to succeed at that. There are some writeups floating around for that.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
99 Posts
thabks for infos!!
i'm also happy with this headlight for at the moment these makes me crazy:bonk:

Have website in mind where to find more about this problem ??

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Mother of pearl those are expensive. That's not what you paid for them is it? They look just like these ones on ebay for half that price.
Link

Otherwise, welcome to the forum. I see you own one of the last of the breed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts