Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I got a 2004 trailblazer LTZ. Becouse of a fire, i need to change my headlights. Bought new headlights, an i notice that there is no conection for the hight adjustment of the light. Will this affect any other components in the car??

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,645 Posts
FIRE??????

Bad enough to burn wires too?

OK .... I am having to paint mental photographs here --- but I don't understand your question about lack of a headlight adjustment affecting other vehicle parts .... really?

I guess .......................... if they aren't adjusted correctly that you can run into mooses, deer, pedestrians, trees and all those things can affect the other vehicle parts-n-pieces ........ if you have sufficient velocity at that time.

Other than that --- I have nothing else to add at the moment until some clarity of intent is posted.

Fire? Really? Got any pictures or videos from The 6 O'clock News?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car was parked in front of the garasje, the car in the garasje caught fire and my headlights melted because of the heat. My original headlights can be hight adjusted from inside the vehicle. And that wire can't be connected on the new headlights and I was wondering if not connecting it could effect anything else, sensors ??

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,645 Posts
Wow ... I never knew about that accessory/option to adjust the headlight height from the driver's seat.

Somehow I remember that's illegal --- but that might've been back when I was a Brake/Lamp/Smog inspector.

If it's valid wherever you live --- I bet if they were disconnected that there should be no untoward results and no flashing CEL/SES lights.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
587 Posts
My original headlights can be hight adjusted from inside the vehicle. And that wire can't be connected on the new headlights
The old headlights were "special" and expensive, the new headlights are cheap replacements.

What country are you in?

and I was wondering if not connecting it could effect anything else, sensors ??
Make sure the wire ends can't ground on anything. Secure them so they don't rattle. You'll be fine--but you'll need to properly (manually) adjust the new headlights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts