Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Hello everyone..I have halo hids my lights turn off out of nowhere could this be a fuse???..my hi beam still wrk and turning lights just the low beam turn off out of nowhere ....if I turn off the truck off for the night the next day they work...this happens at random

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
2004 Trailblazer thanks for fixing problem

Hi All
Came home from work last week and the headlights would turn off. The Lights ran the battery down. check the forum and saw several of the same problem with the relay fuse #46. Bought it at Advance Auto $39.95. Put it in and jump started the car. Lights work great.
Thanks everyone. This blog is a great great help to me. Also thanks to the person for posting the actual part number of the relay fuse.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Headlight Relay

Relay stuck in on position. You need a new one

Hi-beam is relay # 43

Low-beam is relay # 46

Both are in the underhood fuse panel.
Mine started to smolder and it could have been a very bad situation. Thanks to this forum I found the problem and replaced it. It was too hot to remove with my fingers so I used pliers. The new one was almost $30 but has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem.. only that i *already replaced* that very same relay last year - it decided to stop working one day.

Interestingly enough, I see there's a small shutoff time when the headlights turn off. Once they're off, they turn back on about a half second later.

fwiw, the new relay says 'BWD' on it, I believe I got it from O'Reilly.

Is there a chance I need yet another new relay, or is there something else wrong?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
64 Posts
This could be relay is fried and melting, I'd unhook battery till you figure it out. Also you should be able to lift the fuse tray somehow to inspect wires.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem.. only that i *already replaced* that very same relay last year - it decided to stop working one day.

Interestingly enough, I see there's a small shutoff time when the headlights turn off. Once they're off, they turn back on about a half second later.

fwiw, the new relay says 'BWD' on it, I believe I got it from O'Reilly.

Is there a chance I need yet another new relay, or is there something else wrong?
IN other posts, regarding these relays, it has been noted that problems STILL occurred with aftermarket relays.
No problems noted, that I have read, regarding factory replacement relays.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
It turned out that for some reason the high beam lights were on (wiper switch was pushed forward), which for some reason triggered the low-beam lights to stay on. Putting the switch back in its normal position made the problem go away (for now...)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm having the same issue work my 03 TB. Except that I don't have any brake lights either, all three are out. I have replaced the switch on the pedal twice in case one was bad, the circuit boards, the bulbs, the switch connector, the fuses. I have done everything except replace the wiring or checked the grounds.
I have a Power probe but for the life of me can't figure out how to use it to power the system once I have disconnected or from the Battery. I want to start at the brake lights and work my way to the fuse box when work each connection along that circuite until I find the problem. It didn't come with a manual and the disk assumes you know how to use it. I know AC wiring but hey confused when it comes to DC. I eventually work or out but nothing like AC. And I can't find anything online that dumbs it down and gives a clear explanation. I'm sure the headlights and brake light issues are separate, but really odd then happened within a few days off each other. I'm gonna to try the relays now.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm having the same issue work my 03 TB. Except that I don't have any brake lights either, all three are out. I have replaced the switch on the pedal twice in case one was bad, the circuit boards, the bulbs, the switch connector, the fuses. I have done everything except replace the wiring or checked the grounds.
I have a Power probe but for the life of me can't figure out how to use it to power the system once I have disconnected or from the Battery. I want to start at the brake lights and work my way to the fuse box when work each connection along that circuite until I find the problem. It didn't come with a manual and the disk assumes you know how to use it. I know AC wiring but hey confused when it comes to DC. I eventually work or out but nothing like AC. And I can't find anything online that dumbs it down and gives a clear explanation. I'm sure the headlights and brake light issues are separate, but really odd then happened within a few days off each other. I'm gonna to try the relays now.
It's confusing to start at the source of the power and go out to the failed spot ..... so you're kinda doing it right.

Start where the failed object is (a non-working light, f'rinstance) and follow the wire from it until you find where the electricity starts.

I'd just use a test light - the kind with a wire on one end with an alligator clip and a surgically sharp spike on the other to probe it into wires or sockets, etc. Just ground the alligator and look for elusive electricity.

If you want to use a little more sophistication, get a 'Bed Of Nails" tip for your test light - and you can also use it on a meter as a non-destructive testing probe.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts