Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added subs to my car and wired in a power line directly to the battery. I have not modified or touched any of the fuses or wires related to the headlights. They are operating fine and the control switch works great, however the headlights are staying on all the time even during sunny conditions. I can turn the headlight control to the off position then cover the ambient light sensor and they come on just fine. However, when in the on position they don't seem to ever shut off. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
additional note

I also checked the relay in the fuse box and it is not hot or blown out in any visible way, it could still be bad, but I don't see anything visually wrong with it.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
83 Posts
Doesn't your Trailblazer lights always stay on? Daytime running lights.
Am I missing something.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
They stay on all the time, regardless of conditions. Like was mentioned, you have to just flip the selector to the left to disable them

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Are the headlights really on? Are they on all the time the engine is running? Are the dash lights on? My DRL's only come on when the vehicle is shifted into gear out of Park and the dash lights do not come on until dusk/dark.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
30 Posts
I recently added subs to my car....... However, when in the on position they don't seem to ever shut off. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Seems like everything is working exactly how it should. Hope the subs sound good!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
26 Posts
Lights

I believe instructions to turn off your auto running lights are in the manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts