Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been paging thru the forum and have not seen a post about headlights shaking.
My passenger side headlight on my 04 TB shakes and/or wobbles when I hit a bump and I was wondering if anyone else had that issue and what you did to fix it.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's for sure the housing. Checked the bulb.
I'm new to the TB. Only had it a couple of weeks. Not sure about the tabs. Didn't know it had anything like that. Will have to check.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
61 Posts
Had the same Problem on my TB. turned out to be the up/down adjuster was broken off inside the light it self. my be try and look there. you'll be able toput you finger on the back of the bulb and moveup and down if it is.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
236 Posts
It's for sure the housing. Checked the bulb.
I'm new to the TB. Only had it a couple of weeks. Not sure about the tabs. Didn't know it had anything like that. Will have to check.
I just changed out all of my parking lights this afternoon. I had a hard time trying to get the headlight housing to move. I have noticed a slight wobble in the driver side headlamp and never figured out why till tonight. There are some tabe near the far right and left of the headlamp. You have to pull those up to remove the headlamp. As well goes for pushing them down and locking them when you're done. The drivers side only had one of them down, which is what caused the wobble. I pushed both down and it was still! try that!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
19 Posts
had the same problem when i got my trailblazer with 28,000 miles on it.. dealer claimed they replaced the headlight. nope. anyway when the headlight went out at 86,000 miles i finally got to the bottom of the issue. the reflector or whatever its called was loose to where you could actually move it with your hands by moving the bulb. so i just put something behind the bulb big enough to force the rain cover/caps to push that.. solved my problem. now i dont have to see that annoying rattling light on signs and others vehicles. i can now slam the door and shut the hood and it doesnt move anymore:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts