Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could they have made it any harder to change a headlight?
I have a 2005 Trailblazer LT EXT.
I looked up instructions on this site and they are for a simple no frills TB.
It looks like I will have to pull the entire grill to change one bulb.
Anyone else had this problem?
Bill

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Could they have made it any harder to change a headlight?
I have a 2005 Trailblazer LT EXT.
I looked up instructions on this site and they are for a simple no frills TB.
It looks like I will have to pull the entire grill to change one bulb.
Anyone else had this problem?
Bill
If you have a pre-2006 LT model, then yep, that's how you need to do it.

Some have said they have done it without removing the grille and headlight but for the life of me I can't figure out how.

The grille removal is nerve racking at first, but once I did it once, it was easy :yes:

Chris

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
35 Posts
No no no!!!

:thumbsup:No for the 6,000 people who take off their grill to change a headlight on any trailblazer you don't have to!! Just reach behinde the drivers headlight and remove the rubber cap twist out the bulb unclip and replace done. Takes under 5 min. For pass side. Take the air box off three screws and now the whole back of the light is accessable very simple takes longer to take out the screws than to change the bulb. Trust me I mounted HID ballasts behinde my headlight on the plastic flat part, removed old bulbs, and put in hids in under 15 min in the winter in the snow!!. Just like you don't have to take everything off to mount the fogs either use a flat wrench 10mm. in between the grill and bumber take out bolts, unclip side bumper clips, remove black plastic on bottom and tada. Fab your brackets, mount and wire. Althought the brackets are a huge pain it can all be done. DONT TAKE OFF THE NOSE FOR NO REASON!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
:thumbsup:No for the 6,000 people who take off their grill to change a headlight on any trailblazer you don't have to!! Just reach behinde the drivers headlight and remove the rubber cap twist out the bulb unclip and replace done. Takes under 5 min. For pass side. Take the air box off three screws and now the whole back of the light is accessable very simple takes longer to take out the screws than to change the bulb. Trust me I mounted HID ballasts behinde my headlight on the plastic flat part, removed old bulbs, and put in hids in under 15 min in the winter in the snow!!. Just like you don't have to take everything off to mount the fogs either use a flat wrench 10mm. in between the grill and bumber take out bolts, unclip side bumper clips, remove black plastic on bottom and tada. Fab your brackets, mount and wire. Althought the brackets are a huge pain it can all be done. DONT TAKE OFF THE NOSE FOR NO REASON!
I think this is one of the most beat-to-death topics here...

Really, It all depends on the person. Pre-K&N install, I couldn't fit my hands in there at all... It only takes about 30 seconds to pull the grill, no big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts