Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Trailblazer LS and I'm getting ready to replace the headlight lenses and bulbs. My Question... will I have to realign the headlight beams after replacing the lenses?
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
68 Posts
On our 2008, there is 1 external hex that requires an internal hex tool to adjust ours. It is white and vertical right behind the radiator core support. I used an E8 ("internal torx") socket on mine, but it only adjusts up and down aim.

I tried to find out if there was a way to adjust left/right aim, but I didn't find it. The manual says to leave it to the professionals, (as if to say "you're not worthy of having the information"). Good luck with it. Ideally, in the old days, you could take out only the mounting screws and it didn't mess with aim.

Rob in AZ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Adjust Headlight Assembly

We replaced our front headlight assemblies and there is no left to right horizontal adjustments. There is a nut behind the assembly that you adjust with a socket wrench to cause them to go up and down. I adjusted them with trial and error until they were right. Drove around at night to see the beam placement. Left and right was spot on from the original mounting. I have a 2004 Trailblazer LS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there anyway or anywhere you can buy Euro style headlight adjusters , just put in last year headlight assemblies in 06 Trailblazer EXT LS and adjuster that adjusts side to side on driver side broke??? And they are lighting more of the side of the road and ditch line.. How would you fix it was yours????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts