Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which wire in the harness for the stereo controls the dash lights that dim the stereo along with your instrument panel lights?

I am going to mount a little tiny LED light inside of the dash kit for a new deck I am putting in, and I want to jump the wire that is controlled by the dimmer for the lights so the little LED will dim along with the regular lights.

2004 LS Trailblazer

Thanks!
:tiphat

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
So, your question is asked a bit "ass-back wards", there is no wire in the stereo harness that CONTROLS the dash lights.

So, allow me to suggest, you are asking which wire in the stereo harness is connected to the dim-able dash lights?

All dash lights, that are dim-able, are feed by a brown wire with a white tracer (stripe).

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RayVoy,
Yes, thanks, sorry for my "bass-akwards" question.

;)

So, your question is asked a bit "ass-back wards", there is no wire in the stereo harness that CONTROLS the dash lights.

So, allow me to suggest, you are asking which wire in the stereo harness is connected to the dim-able dash lights?

All dash lights, that are dim-able, are feed by a brown wire with a white tracer (stripe).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts