Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just bought a 07 TBSS and have noticed there are small cracks all over the clear composite headlight plastic lenses. GM has a technical bulletin on this but the dealership said they won't replace them under the certified GM warranty. Something about being caused by extreme heat or chemicals on the plastic. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and has found a solution. I don't know if I should keep pressing the dealership to replace them. Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
121 Posts
mine were good on my 06 till about a month ago, then overnight they spidercracked over the whole thing... i'm going to just replace them on my own. i hate dealing with the dealership if i can avoid it.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
18 Posts
Hi. Just bought a 07 TBSS and have noticed there are small cracks all over the clear composite headlight plastic lenses. GM has a technical bulletin on this but the dealership said they won't replace them under the certified GM warranty. Something about being caused by extreme heat or chemicals on the plastic. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and has found a solution. I don't know if I should keep pressing the dealership to replace them. Thanks.
same problem on my 07SS as well (not noticeable from distance just see them when washing) I havent complained to them about it yet mostly because I live in southern Ga and it does get hot here

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
88 Posts
Had the same problem with my 02 trailblazer... Had like stress marks on the curvature where the amber lense is and some like rough (can't really explain what it is) on the top part of the lense... happened to both of them... I just replaced them about 3 months ago and all is good (so far)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts