Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. Just looking for some tips on how to clean up the headlights. The headlight housing is what I'm trying to clean to be exact. They have really "dulled" up, and are yellowish. Any help is greatly appreciated.:bonk:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
FLITZ IT!!!!:raspberry

but seriously it does work. i did it on a lumina i had. you can probably buy a similar product at autozone or something

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
215 Posts
haven't done it to the trail, but on my '00 camaro i took some VERY fine sandpaper to them to get the surface "even", then put some liquid wax on and buffed away. they looked like new afterward. i used a drill with a buffing pad attached to it, but if you prefer a little elbow grease instead, have at it!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Mcguiers

Mcguires makes a product to get rid of the yellow on the headlights. No comments on the horrible spelling of mcguires! I havent used it but i love mcguires and i believe it is 30 bucks at pep boys.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
http://www.houston-dsm.org/forums/showthread.php?p=12805

found it works well if you just lay the house on the hood of the car and let the water flow lightly over the headlight while you are doing this. I have done it ones on a previous car. i know a couple detailing shops offer this around here for $15 a light. I would call around its a very time consuming process and i think $30 is worth less then 2-3 hours of my time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts