Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Guys, have an 04 and thinking of putting a Kooks header on. understand there is a difference in Cyl heads in later years. is there a big improvement to be had with the later cyl head?? and if so can the 05 and up header be installed on the early head and the head be changed at a later date?
Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
182 Posts
The difference is in the muffler connection...I used a later model header on my '02 and had to modify the muffler pipe...

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, good to know. Did you notice a difference after installing the header?

·
Registered
182 Posts
It definitely made a difference...Not sure if it's worth $900+, but fortunately I found a used one, which was the reason for the pipe mod...

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
7 Posts
It definitely made a difference...Not sure if it's worth $900+, but fortunately I found a used one, which was the reason for the pipe mod...
Which system do you have from Kooks? Looks like they have a couple different setups with a cat. What are some of the improvements/benefits that you noticed? Are you running the stock muffler? Any issues with heat in the engine compartment with a heat shield, etc.?

Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Which system do you have from Kooks? Looks like they have a couple different setups with a cat. What are some of the improvements/benefits that you noticed? Are you running the stock muffler? Any issues with heat in the engine compartment with a heat shield, etc.?

Thanks!
I'm running the later model header/cat in my '02 with a Walker muffler...Definitely runs better, not sure about any MPG improvements...No issues with heat...Had to move trans dipstick and use some hi-temp heat wrap, but nothing you can't handle...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts