Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, had my deck in my truck and everything was working great, pulled it put in a diff deck, now it powers up but has no sound. both decks are doing this, i put the stock radio in and it works perfect, the truck is a 02 trailblazer with onstar and bose, i am using the gmos-04. any idea what would cause this? :suicide::sadcry:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
278 Posts
Possible a weak ground or power wire. If the internal amp doesn't get enough power it wont turn on, even thou theres enough power for the display to work. :m2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i dont know, i am going to try to some more tomrrow, i am going to throw the charger on it over night make sure its good and charged.. ill double check all the grounds and power wires, if that doesnt work i will just take it in somewhere....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone??? still stumped as hell... cant figure out what the the hell the problem is..

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
does the bose amp have a fuse? check that if i does.

where is roadie, lol.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
where is roadie, lol.
I'm here, but never used the GMOS-04 adapter. If the stock Bose head unit works OK, then it can't be a problem with the Bose amp or any fuse.

If the new aftermarket head units power up, I would not blame the ground or power just yet.

But a trivial test is to use a meter to check power at the new head unit, after the adapter. I started to lose interest in this problem when the OP said he was going to charge the battery instead of checking it with a meter. I'm a bit like Gregory House. I can't take just any patient that gets wheeled through the door. They have to be "interesting." :undecided

And failing to include the brand and model number of the aftermarket head unit handicaps us for no good reason. Why not include that in the original post? It might be a critical piece of the puzzle.

I bet the new head unit just isn't sending the proper preamp outputs to the GMOS-04, and it has to be configured somehow. You can't send straight speaker outputs to the adapter without level converters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry i should have included that. the unit that was in the truck and working was an apline 9886. it was in there for about 4 months and worked great, i was going to run a new set of rca's so i pulled the deck out, went to put it back in and nothing.... tried my other deck i had laying around which is a clarion drx6875z. does the same thing... went to best buy and bought another gmos-04 thinking maybe that was the problem. still did the same thing. the reason i said i would charge the battery is because my truck has been sitting for a couple weeks. thought maybe it lost some juice.... if there is anything else you guys need to know just ask.. ill tell ya everything i can. Also the gmos-4 plugs into the factory harness and then uses rcs plus that go into the deck. i had it all working like i said but now i have nothing but power

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have an 03 lt with no bose and no onstar...

i just bought a deck at best buy and they told me to use the gmos-04 also to keep the horn honk and stuff when i use keyless...

i soldered all the wires (only have like 5 total to solder) and wrapped them with electrical tape... deck powers on all features work except SOUND!

I feel your pain man, I called best buy and told them first off that the dash install kit they sold me was a complete piece of crap (i had one picked out but they suggested a different one that was supposedly just made for trailblazers...although the instructions stated otherwise)

i am supposed to go to best buy tomorrow morning at 10 AM so they can try and fix the problem...ill let you know what they tell me

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
29 Posts
check your remote line to the truck. this should be the blue/white wire i do believe. Make sure it is connected from the radio into the gmos-04. If you have a aftermarket amp installed as well it may be used to power that as well. if that can be ruled out as the problem, then check the adjustment screw on the side of the gmos-04. It is the gain adjustment for the bose amp. Turn the screw all the way down and then turn the volume all the way up and proceed to adjust until you hear distortion. then turn it back a hair and that should be the solution to your problem. Hope this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts