Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been trolling the forums for about 2 hours now and have looked through a number of the posts, but couldn't find any that actually said "these are good, these are bad" in reference to both head and tail lights. I just got back from Vegas up quite a bit (21st birthday magic i guess) and want to replace both sets. LEDs for the rear and ? for the front. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
I'm looking at these:
Heads: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318
Tails: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350170786517

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been trolling the forums for about 2 hours now and have looked through a number of the posts, but couldn't find any that actually said "these are good, these are bad" in reference to both head and tail lights. I just got back from Vegas up quite a bit (21st birthday magic i guess) and want to replace both sets. LEDs for the rear and ? for the front. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Projector headlights are usually the best but also go with a HID kit, Anzo USA makes really good headlights but usually come with a nice price tag. They make them in a black and clear housing (for the TB im not sure about envoys), you can find them on ebay for cheaper (no name brand) but i havent heard alot of good things about those. Go with a 6000k or 8000k hid kit, 6000k is a white with a hint of blue and 8000k are really blue, i think there called "Iceberg Blue". You can also find halo projector headlights that have a blue ring around the projector (like most stock BMW's). My buddy has a set of anzo's with a 8000k hid kit in his jetta and they are stupidly bright.

For the most part projectors are plug and play but if you go with a halo you have to do a bit of wiring work

·
Registered
2002 trailblazer_ls
88 Posts
i have those headlights and while they do look cool, they take a lot of work to give an acceptable light pattern.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So instead of upgrading my headlight, can i just go with an HID kit to my OEM headlights (and fog lights)?

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Yes sir........everyone is just doing the HID's kits.........remember to get a DRL killer if you do this.....talk to TBlazed!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
232 Posts
Projector headlights are usually the best but also go with a HID kit, Anzo USA makes really good headlights but usually come with a nice price tag. They make them in a black and clear housing (for the TB im not sure about envoys), you can find them on ebay for cheaper (no name brand) but i havent heard alot of good things about those. Go with a 6000k or 8000k hid kit, 6000k is a white with a hint of blue and 8000k are really blue, i think there called "Iceberg Blue". You can also find halo projector headlights that have a blue ring around the projector (like most stock BMW's). My buddy has a set of anzo's with a 8000k hid kit in his jetta and they are stupidly bright.

For the most part projectors are plug and play but if you go with a halo you have to do a bit of wiring work
Im yet to see a bmw with a blue halo ring..
on top of that halos are ugly as **** on any car except a bmw.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:thx after relooking at it all, i do like the stock ones a bit better. and Rice is NOT the way i want to go.

·
Registered
2002 trailblazer_ls
88 Posts
:thx after relooking at it all, i do like the stock ones a bit better. and Rice is NOT the way i want to go.
looks are subjective.

i've got the black halo projectors and black LED tails and they look GREAT.

if you wanna consider my audi strips ricy, so be it...but they look sweeeeeet. :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
yes the tail lights and headligthts r rice along with ur "audi" stripes and those fog lights . do clean tasteful mods like get rid of those emblems..

some people here have a hard time distinguishing between nice n rice i guess someone needs to keep china in business

the point of a projector (when used prooperly of course) Is to have a precise line of light, with more light output directed to that one area.. no china lights you buy will ever be **** to my stock housings with hids.

To one who retrofits his headlights with REAL acura/bmw projectors is actually doing it right. Unless you're doing it the right way i dont see doing it at all

to summarize... the LEDS below the headlights on a audi= sweet idea and looks awesome, on a trailblazer ehhh
projectors/halos = on a bmw once again nice, and good design on their part, if you want knock off **** then be my guest

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
232 Posts
no war just opinions.. good decisions on your part, if anything you may look into the NON projector black housing headlights, and hids those would lookl good imo.

For tail lights, the oem style (even tho i still think they call them euro or some****?)

eventually people will learn about 1% of aftermarket parts will even come close to OEM quality

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been reading up on HID conversions for my fronts, and was wondering with my LEDs in the rear will i need to use something to prevent it from superblinking? i've read that some people are having problems with that.:hopeless

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
no war just opinions.. good decisions on your part, if anything you may look into the NON projector black housing headlights, and hids those would lookl good imo.

For tail lights, the oem style (even tho i still think they call them euro or some****?)

eventually people will learn about 1% of aftermarket parts will even come close to OEM quality

Gee do you consider my headlights RICE? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,420 Posts
yes the tail lights and headligthts r rice along with ur "audi" stripes and those fog lights . do clean tasteful mods like get rid of those emblems..

some people here have a hard time distinguishing between nice n rice i guess someone needs to keep china in business

the point of a projector (when used prooperly of course) Is to have a precise line of light, with more light output directed to that one area.. no china lights you buy will ever be **** to my stock housings with hids.

To one who retrofits his headlights with REAL acura/bmw projectors is actually doing it right. Unless you're doing it the right way i dont see doing it at all

to summarize... the LEDS below the headlights on a audi= sweet idea and looks awesome, on a trailblazer ehhh
projectors/halos = on a bmw once again nice, and good design on their part, if you want knock off **** then be my guest
we could all easily say that painting the whole grille is ricer too... but we dont... and the fog lights he has are not ricer... they are for universal vehicles that don't have foglights... but as far as your headlights to the OP... go for whatever you want and don't let people like this sway your opinion...

·
Registered
232 Posts
we could all easily say that painting the whole grille is ricer too... but we dont... and the fog lights he has are not ricer... they are for universal vehicles that don't have foglights... but as far as your headlights to the OP... go for whatever you want and don't let people like this sway your opinion...

true, but it will be clean ill be sure to post pix = ricer would be spray paint like the pic above

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts

May I suggest a mod for yourself,

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.