Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black 07' TB and i'm looking to get some of those covers for the lights that darkens them out but was hoping for a little help from you all? First of all, what is your experience with them being illegal or not??? Do they make a kind that clips in and out easily so i can take them out at night? Let me know your thoughs, thanks!!!

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,644 Posts
I have/had AVS head & taillight cover. Still have my traillight covers, one of my head light cover flew off on the highway last night, so if u get them, you might want to use double sided tape of velcro to help keep in place. Taillight covers alread have tape included. Had them for quite some while w/out any cops giving me trouble. I think i have pics of how everything looks in my gallery

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
It looks good....I had some wade headlight covers...they look good daytime but at nighttime visibility sucks......I have HID's and I am glad I can take them off at nighttime......also I would check local state laws as they are only for "off road use only"

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Where are you located? I was thinking of some for the TB, but I remember back when I had both head and tail light covers on my 1990 Cavalier Z24.

It was high noon, sunny, and I got a $92 ticket for them.

They are not legal for on-road use in Pennsylvania, I can tell you that for a fact! Now mind you, many police officers would not stop you just for that, but they can :yes:

Chris

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
We don't know what state you live in since you didn't fill out your profile info but I had a set of the AVS smoked tail light covers on an old Ranger I had and every time I would get my inspection, the mechanic would take them off and put them in the bed. He said he couldn't legally give me a sticker with them on but I could put them back on myself after he was done.:weird: I guess he would have felt bad tossing them in the garbage on me. As far as the cops were concerned I never got any hassle from them not even a second glance. I currently have a third brake light cover on my Envoy and got a sticker with it and no hassles from the cops but I'm not so sure about headlight covers though but I am talking about Maine also.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
have you thought about tint paint for them? I first tried the precut tints you can buy on ebay, but the didn't fit well. So I bought the tint from summit racing's web site. It works great, you just need to take youre time with it. I did pick up an extra set of tail lights and head lights for my next state inspection. I picked up the cheapest aftermarket taillights i could find since i would only have them on one day a year. I had a state trooper stop me for my tail lights, But because their not covers you can still see the "DOT" molded into the lense. He let me go saying he didn't know they were DOT aproved. So i just acted ignorant, and he didn't know the law. But they look great, the tail lights have about 10 coats on them then another 3 coats of clear coat. I taped off part of the reflectors on the rear lense so that they only received 5 coats. They still reflects when lights shine on them, and light fine when lights are on. I did upgrade the front head lights to HID

1 - 7 of 7 Posts