Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new head light options? help me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for new headlights for my 05 TB I have heard from many about cooking the wireing harnesses I just want a bit brighter and cleaner I am staying away from HID'S I am thinking silverstar series by selvania.. HAS ANYONE USED THESE ANY THOUGHTS OR OPTINS...????? P.S no blue color I had those before I want clean and crisp.. thanks again for all the help...
:drool:drool:grouphug:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
The burnt wiring issue was with the older year TB's, like mine. I installed the original Silverstar's, and after about a month, one went out. It turned out to be the burned plug problem. They pulled more current and overheated the contacts. Not sure, but I thought the later year TB/Envoys used a larger gauge wire.

I replaced the plug, and also started using the Silverstar Ultra. No more problem w/ the burned plug, but in general you can only expect about a year out of the Silverstar's before they burn out. I have heard people on here say they got a lot more, but the best i got was about a year.

I finally got tired of taking the front of the car apart to replace bulbs (plus they are not cheap), and went to HID's.

BTW, you CAN get HID's that have no blue...5000K are white. Stock HID's like BMW uses are 4300K, and have the same color as "regular bulbs".

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
678 Posts
I had nothing but problems with the Silverstar or Night Hawk Bulbs, only in that they lasted about as long as a tank of gas.:D

PIAA makes a comparible bulb with better quality and Ive never had a hitch yet. Cost more, but you get what you pay for. But then Ive also got HID's, so my opinion goes that route at least for Lows.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lights?????

whats the difference in the lights????
:undecided:undecided

The burnt wiring issue was with the older year TB's, like mine. I installed the original Silverstar's, and after about a month, one went out. It turned out to be the burned plug problem. They pulled more current and overheated the contacts. Not sure, but I thought the later year TB/Envoys used a larger gauge wire.

I replaced the plug, and also started using the Silverstar Ultra. No more problem w/ the burned plug, but in general you can only expect about a year out of the Silverstar's before they burn out. I have heard people on here say they got a lot more, but the best i got was about a year

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
whats the difference in the lights????
:undecided:undecided......
If your question is about "what's the difference?" was about the Ultra's, Sylvania got a lot of complaints about the original Silverstar's burning out quickly. They would even send you a replacement bulb if you sent them the burned out one w/ the original receipt from an auto parts store.

The Ultra was "supposed" to fix that problem, but I tried them too, and they burned out just as fast. :duh:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, makes since now. thanks I think I'll try them for a awhile...:yes::p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts