Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been troubleshooting my 2005 Trailblazer 4.2 I6 Low Beam issue. Great threads by the way! Long story short. I have no Battery 12V to pin 2 on the HDM. If I run battery 12V to pin 4 I still have no low beams. However, if I run 12V to either low beam fuses I get low beams on left and right. Am I correct to assume my fuse block is toast? I'm also starting to have instrument cluster issues with the stepper motors as well as a fuel level sensor error code to boot.The low beam issue was intermittent at first but now permanent. The fuel level code comes and goes when it feels like it. I also have a rough idle/near stall while in rush hour traffic. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,468 Posts
First try swapping relay #45 & 46 and see if you get low beams. Relay #45 is for the fan clutch. These modules tend to fail.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

I drove the truck through some puddles at acceleration. Now the damned lights are working! 3 days in a row! I had NO power to pin number 2 on the relay! Now it all works! Is it the fuse block???

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
333 Posts
I don't know if this applies to the headlight circuit, but TB fuse blocks have copper runners in them that supply power to different fuses. May be worth splitting the box to check. As I understand, you have to look real close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts