Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
Awesome

I've been dealing with the 4x4 turn off and back on trick for about three years now(only a couple of times a winter but still sick of the service 4x4 light all the same!) Sounds like I'll be taking another trip to the bone yard soon! My 02 will have a newer TCCM.:thx

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
4 Posts
2002 Envoy TCCM

Used trailvoy sight many times and joined tonight.
I used the wakeup procedure (fuse 8) twice in the last 12 months.
Once reset all selections work and sound fine. I do hear what appears to be a release of a vaccum when the key is shut off which is new.
But I would like to take care of the issue once and for all. Based on the post, any tccm 03 or later with a selector should do the trick? If using a salvage yard unit should I be looking for anything to avoid a bad unit?
The vehicle has 66k and is going in to get fluids changed based on the many posts.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
4x4 not working

I need help please. I have an 04 Envoy SLE, has AWD4x4. My selector switch says im in 4 wheel drive but im definitely only spinning the rear wheels. The switch will turn to 2HI but when I do it blinks for 10 seconds, along with the noise under the vehicle trying to do something, but then just goes back to being lit up on 4HI. There is also NO service light on. And when I try 4Lo nothing happens. And to top it off we plugged in a code reader and my plug isnt working

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Thank you!!!

I appreciate your help a ton! Love this site! You have saved me a ton of money!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2 Posts
Hello all,

I bet this is an interesting problem: Everything functions normally - 2WD, 4Hi, 4Lo. The problem is that when I run the truck for 1/4 mile, the service 4wd light comes on. Also I get the ABS kicking in when braking at speeds of about 5mph
Apart from that, everything else is normal

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Man,I have an 02 EXT and one day the battery died and since then the service 4wd light has been on and no luck pulling fuses or playing with the switch.Anybody know why the battery dying would mess these up and maybe something else that might work?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1 Posts
02 4 wheel drive problem

Hello all, sorry to post another problem that has probably been answered already but i have searched and searched and cant find the same symptoms. First off this is not my suv it belongs to a friend of mine that doesnt have alot of money and im trying to help her out. Her car is a 02 trailblazer lt ext, the service 4wd light is on, when i plug my code reader into it it doesnt read any codes. when the suv is first started the 2wd light on the selector switch is on but after a few seconds all the lights come on on the selector switch and then they all go out until the suv is shut off and started again. I have already pulled the transfer case fuse (#8) and when the switch is turned i hear no noises from under the car. Thank you for any help and again sorry if this is a duplicate post.

·
Banned
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
137 Posts
Go back and read the original post, follow step one. Its the switch or TCCM. 02s are bad, update it with an '03 or newer. Shouldn't be too hard to do if you own a scan tool

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
109 Posts
I've had a module, switch, and a actuator replaced. $1000 later the switch still switches, shifts are still heard and made, and lights function properly. Still I get ONE wheel drive in 4lo. Explain that!!! See if any you smart guys on here are really as smart as you lead everyone on here to believe.

·
Banned
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
137 Posts
FWIW I attempted to pull out a Mazda tribute stuck in soft snow ice A month ago, dug a rut w his front wheels-2wd. I only had one wheel spinning the whole time in 4hi or lo (2/32s on my AT tires :duh: and I know my **** works) of course it was iced hardpacked on a slight incline. There's another site that goes in depth on how torque is like a fluid and it will leak at the weak point, in my case the uphill wheel w no weight on it. And bald tires. Got some LTX m/s' now... Do a search here and on a newer site. There's a wealth of info that explains a lot of these questions.. Where and what were you on in 4lo?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
109 Posts
In my driveway, slight incline, couple inches of snow cover, 4Lo in Reverse. I only have one wheel spinning. The right rear. I get the most effective traction in A4WD, and sometimes more traction in 4Hi, meaning one wheel spinning, the right rear, and one in the front...I'm pretty sure it's the left front. Go figure.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
2 Posts
4X4 AWD Froze up on Icey Interstate Nearly Causing a Crash

2004 XL Envoy was running normal with no warning a loud grinding noise came from the front differential area causing the left front wheel to freeze causing a spin out nearly hitting another car on a 5 lane highway. It was snowy and just two miles from home when this occurred. I flipped the switch back to two wheel drive and limped it to a transmission shop all while it rattled and jolted. Is this a common occurance with these vehicles? They certainly are not safe in my book after this incident. Will be filing with NHTSA. Conditions were 25 degrees, 151,000 miles, well maintained vehicle. Columbus Ohio area.

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
4 x4

I am noticing some winding noise when i put my vehicle in AWD or 4Hi...i purchased this vehicle in july of 13 and did try the 4 wheel drive on stone and found it to be working...however this is the first time I have had to use it and now i have gotten a service 4WD light but the lite does not stay on and is not currently on and I am in 4WD...but I am hearing some very loud winning upon exceleration and deceleration...please help????

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
450 Posts
How is the fluid levels in the diffs and transfer case and the last time they were changed?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
2 Posts
Fluid Levels in Front Differential Dried Up

I had the Front Differential serviced. Fluid was dried up so had a rebuild performed at a nearby shop. Working well now. It probably would have never gone out should I have checked the levels last oil change. If you are hearing a wining noise and feel a grip occasionally in AWD check those levels, I can't emphasize enough. Purring along well now in these blizzards of 2014.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
3 Posts
Whirring noise in front end when 4wd activated

I'm trying to figure out how bad the issue is on my 05 TB ext. Each mode of the 4wd works but it makes a noticeable "whirr" sound when activated. I hear it's better to take care of any 4wd issues on this TB before things lock up and break. I'd appreciate advice or hearing your experience if you've had a similar symptom.

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ltz
1 Posts
I have a question. So when I'm driving on the road my trailblazer seems to try and engage itself in 4x4. I look at the switch and see its in 2HI but the light is flashing over on 4LO,4HI, and A4WD but not all at on e. When it does that I then notice a loud noise coming from under the truck, sounds like a chain type noise and it'll scare the crap out of ya. I swapped the switch but it's still the same way. Plus I notice a burning smell and also i see that I'm losing fluid. What may be the problem to that? 2002 trailblazer ltz

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
5 Posts
4x4 questions

I'm new at this so not sure if I'm in the right section. I have owned my TB for 7 years now and put roughly 100k miles on it. Currently it has 170k. Ever since I have owned this truck, the 4x4 seems to slip around sometimes. I always used 2wd, but sometimes it slips into 4x4 or 4hi and the lights on the switch blink until I switch it back to 2wd. All this happens while driving down the road. I don't believe this to be a transfer case issue as the 4x4 works great. I didn't know if anyone else had this issue and if there was a fast and easy fix. Thanks for the help!!!

41 - 60 of 76 Posts