Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not looking for a convince me reply because its a fact clutch fans are lame and I am tossing it.
I am just wondering if anyone has noticed a difference, power, mpg etc etc etc..... more hot chicks wanting to see it? the fans that is....

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
Your CP doesn't show where you are located, but if you live in the southwest, and tow heavy loads, or off-road, an e-fan won't keep up with heavy throttle at low speeds, in hot, dry conditions...

Our radiator is small for the amount of heat that the engine is capable of giving it, so that's why we have the clutch fan from the factory... It flows as much through the radiator and condensor as an LS1 e-fan flows in free air...

If you live somewhere NOT in the southwest, and don't off-road a lot, and don't tow in the mountains, you will see nothing but gains from the e-fans...

Mike

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New England area so clutch fan is getting a wrench to it! :p

We don't have that crazy weather! we just have 90degrees on Monday then 32degrees on Tuesday!

·
3,700 Posts
SO me being in fl the e fans would be kinda a waste
FL is pretty flat, and really humid... Humid air holds a lot more heat than dry air... Humid air over the radiator cools much better than dry air... Humid air in cumbustion air carries more heat out the tailpipe than dry air (this is why water injection works, as well as why drag racers running alcohol don't need radiators)...

In FL, unless you spend a lot of time doing 4WD doughnuts in the mud, or tow really heavy loads, you should be fine with efans...

The places that have a problem are mainly hilly, hot, and dry...

Mike

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man e fans must not have any benefits at all :sleepy:

I think i am going to fabricate more vent holes in this flexalite 292 I just received since the setup on the 2 they have is pretty simple to copy
seeing that corvette z57 one makes me want to do it!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Although I have an in ground 4wd dyno at work, I didn't run my TB on it before installing the C6 efan, but the butt dyno says it feels peppier with the efan as opposed to the ev fan.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Although I have an in ground 4wd dyno at work, I didn't run my TB on it before installing the C6 efan, but the butt dyno says it feels peppier with the efan as opposed to the ev fan.
Yeah the butt dyno is always best! and actually with a mod like this the butt dyno is actually believable!!!
something like an air intake that makes a lot of new noise, makes your butt dyno misinterpret the info it is receiving!
Did you notice any mileage change?

thanks

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I don't ever check mpg. Not a smarta$$ answer but when the gauge gets towards E, I put gas in it so the needle goes towards F. If I worried about mpg, I'd be driving one of those *****box Prius's the liberals, tree huggers, and obama motors want us to drive.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't ever check mpg. Not a smarta$$ answer but when the gauge gets towards E, I put gas in it so the needle goes towards F. If I worried about mpg, I'd be driving one of those *****box Prius's the liberals, tree huggers, and obama motors want us to drive.
Thats a new obama blame haven't heard foxnews(sorry for swearing) spew that one out yet. I heard that idiot obama gave gm some bail out money he should have let them fail.

The eco friendly car to get is a Tesla motors car the Model S being released in 2011 300miles a charge little less for lead foots. All these sissy cars will drop off radar when Tesla starts spitting these cars out. including the lame Volt. Thank you Tesla Motors for showing us how stupid the big car companies are.

·
3,700 Posts

I think i am going to fabricate more vent holes in this flexalite 292 I just received since the setup on the 2 they have is pretty simple to copy
seeing that corvette z57 one makes me want to do it!
Lots of benefits to efans, but with our small radiator, loading in high temp/low humidity can be a problem... If you don't do that, no problem...

Fab vent holes??!! In what, and why?

Mike

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Yea no 4 wheelin for me... I have a 2wd and only pull every now and then
Thats why i removed my 4x4 features...waste of gas and space where i live.

[\QUOTE] The only benefit i see was performance wise not gas mileage.

Did you notice any mileage change?

thanks
With the efans i got a 0.7 decrease in gas mileage, but no problems here and there:bonk:

·
3,700 Posts
I have a few members in miami running my efans, so far i've only had great results...

no one has ever complained
As stated, FL should be no problem (though the people who are running your fans in FL would have what be considered a "normal" duty cycle... no WOT at constant low speeds, for minutes at a time, etc)

Mike

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
128 Posts
well speaking from numbers.... they made no difference in my trailblazer.... on the dyno... repeated pulls with the exact same horsepower and if it wasnt hte same it varied up or down 2-3 hp/tq...probably becuase ect werent dead on... mileage didnt change at all either... of course the rate of engine acceleration changed VERY slightly with less rotaional weight... my 1/8th mile times weren't affected enough to even mention if any at all... All in all we were very suprised how little was really changed from doing the swap....

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Heres a question can you change out the radiator to a unit with more cores? How many cores does the oem unit have?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
I'm pretty sure we're a 2 core thick radiator from the factory. In theory, any radiator shop should be able to recore with a 3 core of some sort. - There is room between the radiator fins and the a/c condensor, so I would expect it to work.

I'm surprised the e-fans didn't raise the dyno scores by mabye 10 hp......my Envoy seems much more willing and snappier with the e-fans. Getting up to speed on the highway is effortless with the fans, at least with the a/c off. The a/c has always seem to sap it a little, might be a little less than before, but the butt dyno still feels the difference. If I get back over towards were my wife lived before we married, I ran a couple of 1/8 mile runs and 0-60 on that road with my Dyno-Scan. I can duplicate the runs and see what happens or how they compare to the previous numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
I'm pretty sure we're a 2 core thick radiator from the factory. In theory, any radiator shop should be able to recore with a 3 core of some sort. - There is room between the radiator fins and the a/c condensor, so I would expect it to work.
Was'nt sure if you could on our platform. When I rebuilt my Ford F150 (yeah I know I was stupid in my young age) I was able to go to a 4 core radiator to keep her cool. Would going to a 3 core and e-fans help people out in warmer climates if they did this mod?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.