Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I'm not alone in that I hate steering ratio of these trucks. It's gotta be at least 6 turns lock-to-lock. I've never actually counted, but I'm pretty sure the SS has fewer turns than that. So that got me thinking if I could put a SS steering gear in my truck. The problem is that I don't know if the lines are the same size. I would think they are because that would save money, but I don't know. Does anyone have any information on this subject or better yet, has anyone actually done it?

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the thing though, the TB turns great it just takes too many turns of the steering wheel to get there. A little research seems to show all TV's have the same steering box except for a revision 1 gear in the 2002s, the EXT's, and the SS's.

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does that mean?
2002 had a revision 1 gear and then they had a revision 2 gear. The revision 2 gear for the 2002 year is the same gear used from 03+. I'm not sure what the difference between the revision 1 and 2 gears are though. Then the EXT, XL, and XUV have their own gear and finally the SS has it's own gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts