Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put dual exhaust on and this is what I want. Since I am not going to be pulling anything with my TB I was going to have the hitch removed and have the exhaust come out the center of the bumper. I would like to do this without removing the spare tire. I know this will require someone to custom bend the pipes but I think it would look sweet.

If anyone else has done this can you post some pics or link me to them so I can see what it looks like?

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just take the spare off and cut the bracket off. You dont really need a spare tire, unless your going on a roadtrip or something. I havent had a spare tire on anything except my wifes car.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
20 Posts
yeah but he said he doesnt wanna remove it, but im not sure how it will be of any use if the exhaust runs under it. You wont be able to get it up or down anyways. Got me??

·
Registered
45 Posts
the pipes can run up over the axle and once they come off the axle the start to bend ( ) <-- like that around the tire and back together..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I would want it around the tire not under it. If it was under it then the pipes would be to low and I want them close to bottom of bumper. I will take it by a shop today and see what they tell me. :undecided

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well went to a couple shops today and the only thing I don't really like is that to do it I will have to lose the spare tire. Now I have not had to use a spare tire in years but the way my luck runs the first weekend I'm out without a spare I'm going to have a blowout or something. Murphys law gets me ever time. :suicide:

What the shop suggested is putting on a single inlet muffler with dual outlet and running both pipes right back the way it runs now then bend it right to the center to come out where the hitch is currently.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts