Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out if anyone has been able to add the Curb View/Assist function to their truck. I have mirrors on my truck from an SS, so if the mirror itself is any different that's covered. I have an LT with all the options but the Bose system and the convenience package (what includes the heated/memory seats and related functions). The door modules are what control the memory functions. Unlike a Tahoe which I can go a reprogram the door module and choose which mirrors it is equipped with and add the functionality, I cannot do so on these trucks. I just tried reprogramming both door modules (as well as I updated all the calibrations for every other module in the truck), and I am unable to add this function. Right now all I can think of is that I need to buy door modules that are for trucks with heated seats. Does anyone else have any insight into this or will I be the first?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Its the door modules, they control the curb assist and all functions in the door, as well as the heated seats. (I don't know why, but that module also controls the seat heaters....maybe because the switches are on the door?). You need a module capable or programmed for curb assist AND the BCM must have the curb assist programming in it. Do you have the option on the DIC for curb assist? (That is where the option is turned on/off, if you don't have the DIC, you'll also need to add that in order to control the curb assist feature).

If a door module fails, the mirrors do weird things when you shift into reverse....been there, done that. Mine actually tilted UP when the module in the passenger door shorted out. The dealer blew out the driver module during a reprogram and NOTHING worked on the drivers side: No RKE, Power Locks, Power Windows, Seat Heater, Dome Lights, Mirror Adjust at all, all the buttons on that side became non-functional and they sent me home that way! - And it was the coldest week of the year, really pissed me off!! (The dealers don't stock those modules and they had to order one).

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
There's ANOTHER secret module that's missing - the seat MEMORY module. Mounted under the driver's seat, it controls both sides power seat position, and the heaters. It gets data link messages from the DDM when you control the heaters.

If you have a tech tool, you must have access to the schematics. The memory seat system is a lot more complex than the manual power seats.

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an LT with the DIC but I do not have the curb view option in the DIC. That's what I'm trying to "activate." Remember, I work for a dealer so I can reprogram any modules I need. In a C/K truck the option can EASILY be added. When programming a door module in a C/K truck the computer asks what mirrors the truck has, unlike the Trailblazer which does not give such choices. Then the curb view option becomes available through the DIC (if you select power folding mirrors). According to the description and operation for the power mirrors (for the Trailblazer), the seat module (or lack thereof) doesn't have anything to do with the memory mirror function, only the door modules and BCM. I think the only way to start is by buying door modules with the heated seat switches, that that option package is what the curb view mirrors come with.

Oh, by the way the repair for the memory functions doing strange things is to reprogram the module.

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I was never able to get this option "turned on." There was another user that claimed a friend was able to get it on his LS, but I was never able to get anywhere with it. My C55 has it standard as well (though only on one mirror or the other).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts