Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, new to the forum, but not on stereos. but my speakers wont work. i think my plug is wired wrong but ill explain.

i picked up a kenwood head unit, the 120 buck plug/ chim thing for the head unit, the mount kit, antenna, ect.

head unit works great everything comes on as it should the little box chimes but i get no sound. i dont know what gives, i can snap some pics really quick if someone thinks they can help a brother out. but im tired of messing with it. :hissy:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

all connected as should be, all connections were soldered. the beeping comes out of the blue box, even though i dont think that really matters. i just cant get the the speakers to make that beautiful music

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
from what searching ive done, is that the amp turn on wire is something need to hook up. but i dont know what it is 100%. i know its pink for 05 and up. but i dont know for 02. any help?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
The amp turn on wire that you read about is for when adding another amp.
Just replacing the factory stereo with an after market, you should be able to wire the adapter up to your new radio - then when you pull the old stuff out, the new should just plug in.

The brand adapter you have is (left blank intentionally!)
Most success is with the Metra or Axxess (I think you'd want GMOS-04 but research to be sure).
Try that.

But it looks like from this pic the speaker wires aren't connected
(those speaker wire aren't used if there's rca's to the adapter)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
The brand adapter you have is (left blank intentionally!)
Most success is with the Metra or Axxess (I think you'd want GMOS-04 but research to be sure).
Try that.
Yes, the Metra GMOS-04 is the correct harness for a BOSE replacement.

Scosche has been reported to be problematic.

I'd say run longer RCAs into a standard home amplifier and see if you get sound. If so, then you may have something wired incorrectly between the head unit and the amp (some had turn-on wires, but I don't think that early of a model year did). If all of your wiring is correct, then I would recommend trying a different harness (yours may be defective).

If you don't get sound from the home audio amp, then you have a head unit problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well you need to find the broken part, first. then replace it.

I'm going on the assumption that you connected all the wires, properly, and that it worked with the factory head unit.
correct.

i just dont know the area thats broken. im going to go off what i think is wrong is with the amp not getting power. i havent ran the subs yet, so i wont be able to confirm its the amp unless i can get bass. but i took some pics of the plugs on the factory amp and i have a dc plug right next to it so im going to splice power over to the amp and see what happens. and then ill go from there.

ill be back in a second with some pics. i cannot confirm on what the power wire is yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so your saying the one i have is junk and i need to spend another 150 to get it working correctly.......:mad:

stock stereo is back in. and i guess ill go with whatever one everyone is recommending. so whats the best one to get?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
so your saying the one i have is junk and i need to spend another 150 to get it working correctly.......:mad:

Stock stereo is back in. And i guess ill go with whatever one everyone is recommending. So whats the best one to get?
the metra gmos-04 is the correct harness for a bose replacement.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts