Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a quite expensive and busy last couple of days. Here's some before pictures for reference:

BEFORE:

First I installed my Pioneer F90BT which I bought for $550 brand new on ebay. I used a GMOS-01 adapter to retain the onstar and chimes. I have some other new interior pics as well:

mic for the voice recognition:

i've never posted pics of the white VLED's in the domes so:

Next came getting my Ground Force 1.3/3 Drop, and Belltech Nitro Drop 2 Shocks installed:

And the finished product......

I bought some cheap chrome door handle covers off ebay for $40. I sanded them down, Then threw about 5 coats of primer.....

Then 4-5 coats of Dupi Color code matched white paint....

And about the same amount of Clear coat, then let the finished product dry over night....

And after sticking them on, this is what it came out like....

Those were just some quick shots, but an actual photo shoot is inevitable. None the less, I'm pretty satisfied with the end results. :cool:

Now comes my envy for 22's :duh:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
449 Posts
looking very clean. Great job on the door handles:thumbsup: For the drop kit you just got the springs and 2 nitro shocks? How does it ride now? By the way white is the best color for our trucks:yes:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks Great.Nice wheels. Are they boss and could you give out the spec. 20x 8.5 and the spacing +20 ect. I'am having issues on a set I have..Tx...
Nah they're American Racing Burn wheels. I believe the specs are 20x8.5 and +30mm offset.

looking very clean. Great job on the door handles:thumbsup: For the drop kit you just got the springs and 2 nitro shocks? How does it ride now? By the way white is the best color for our trucks:yes:
I know I'm glad got a white TB, i love it. And yeah, I just bought the Ground force springs and the rear nitro shocks because I've heard using stock shocks will make the ride very bouncy. With my current setup the handling has sufficiently improved and I don't get body roll anymore. The rear shocks are a little stiffer, so you feel bumps in the road a little more, but it's nothing unbearable.

Very nice!! so they are just handle covers? is there only 1 Duplicolor white paint or several ones?
Yeah, I bought chrome plastic door handles on ebay...here's the link

And no, there are a bunch of Dupicolor whites. Autozone had a little catalog in the store to help me find the right one. I had to look in the glove box for my paint code. The correct dupicolor white for mine was "Brilliant White", i think the code number was 434 at autozone. I think all the trailblazer white's are the same color, but correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
425 Posts
Yeah, I bought chrome plastic door handles on ebay...here's the link

And no, there are a bunch of Dupicolor whites. Autozone had a little catalog in the store to help me find the right one. I had to look in the glove box for my paint code. The correct dupicolor white for mine was "Brilliant White", i think the code number was 434 at autozone. I think all the trailblazer white's are the same color, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks for the info. I'm also pretty sure they all are Summit White:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,127 Posts
scared me for a second when it came to chrome door handles! i was like NOOOO dont do it. and then i saw them painted and i was relieved :laugh: looks amazing. everyone is making me want a drop just a little bit more..

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scared me for a second when it came to chrome door handles! i was like NOOOO dont do it. and then i saw them painted and i was relieved :laugh: looks amazing. everyone is making me want a drop just a little bit more..

yeah haha i would never throw chrome door handles on my truck :weird:. I used to think i'd never bother with a drop because it would be too much of a hassle, but after seeing everyone's trucks and how much better they looked dropped, i started wanting one more and more until i finally did it.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
128 Posts
Looks good dude!! I noticed your interior lights are located by the door handles above. I have a 2007 and I only have the dome light located in the center of the roof. I like your setup a better.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks good dude!! I noticed your interior lights are located by the door handles above. I have a 2007 and I only have the dome light located in the center of the roof. I like your setup a better.
Really? That's strange, I thought all TB's had the same dome lights. I could understand maybe if you had an LS but you have an LT....weird :confused:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,127 Posts
yeah haha i would never throw chrome door handles on my truck :weird:. I used to think i'd never bother with a drop because it would be too much of a hassle, but after seeing everyone's trucks and how much better they looked dropped, i started wanting one more and more until i finally did it.
haha tell me about it.. in all my pic threads the first thing everyone says "needs a drop" haha it's a necessity but i have other mods planned first.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
301 Posts
looks very nice im jelous of that drop:thumbsup: i need to get it done asap! where did u get it from they seem to be out of stock on summit all the time.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks very nice im jelous of that drop:thumbsup: i need to get it done asap! where did u get it from they seem to be out of stock on summit all the time.
I actually did get the springs off summit, and the belltech shocks off Stillen.com...it was the cheapest there for some reason.

looks great!!! now derack that bad boy!!!
I took the crossbars off of the rack for looks. I don't think I could justify taking the whole thing off, i find it would be a waste of functionality. :no:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts