Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject may have been touched on here and there but can someone give me the pros and cons of using Bilstein Hd shocks front and rear with a GF springs. I have the hd shocks installed now and am considering the gf drop. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
it will ride alot stiffer.. HD shocks will wear out faster since they wont be in their optimal dampening effect when you lower it...

I would suggest some Belltech Street Performance shocks when you lower it.

they are designed for lowered vehicles and work alot better

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that what your using belltech for front and back? Do you need to do any other modifications for the ground force spring drop? could I use just the bilstein strut and get belltech for the rear?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
I wouldn't say the fronts will wear any quicker cause when I switched to the SS Bilsteins my 2 yr (both yrs dropped) struts were stiff as ****. The SS struts were actually softer. They will be prone to blowing out cause of being lower but thats if you bottom out ALL the time.

As for the rear, Yes get the Belltech drop shocks. The OE rears are HUGE and don't like the drop.

I have the Belltech Drop2 ( BEL-8532 ) and they are great they are the current Drop2 shock that'll fit but you'll need washers one the lowere bolts to fill in the gap. If you've seen our stock shocks you'll know what I mean.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I wouldnt do it, at least in the back. I pulled my rear Eibach springs out last weekend and put the stockers back in, actually have a good ride now. Pretty sure if I had used a set of lowering shocks the ride would have been great, instead it was super harsh and bouncy as the shocks were trying to return to their stock height (but couldnt).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts