Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have noticed a Groaning / Rumbling sound coming from the dash after turning off my A/C. My wife said it almost sounded like a large bee or something was in there buzzing around. Well I wish it was so once it died all would be fine :) but the sound seems to be getting worse and more frequent. Almost like the vent motors are struggling to open and close. A/C still works in all positions, just makes that strange noise once you turn the A/C off for about 5 to 6 seconds then no more.

Anyone every run across this before?

thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I can turn the fan off and on no problem with the engine running or not.

The basic symptom is lets say I am sitting in the car in my driveway with the motor running and A/C going and the fan on 2 or 3 and I will turn the fan to 0 and with in a few seconds the buzzing groaning sound starts from the dash with in 2 to 3 sec. and then goes away after about 5 to 6 seconds. Then I switch the fan back on again and let it run for about 20 sec and shut the fan off and the noise comes back for 5 to 6 sec and then all is silent.. just the sound of the engine running.

Hope that makes sense, thanks for your help.

-Dan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny you should say that, we did have a mouse that made it's home in the glovebox for a while this winter.. chewed up some napkins, pee'd on my maps and left some droppings :)

How do I get to the impeller exactly?

thanks,
Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts