Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyboby know where to get astock style grill bowtie badge in any other color but the stock gold. i personally think that it really does the truck no favors on gold. but dont want to have to go the civic/autozone route and krylon i. any help would be great

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
90 Posts
i looked around and didnt find any so i went the civic way and if you are careful and prep and paint it carefully it doesnt look bad at all mine came out nice or u can always take it to get sprayed at a body shop
u can see it in my gallery

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
there are also vendor's on the site that provide there services to us at discount prices... Mike has a very nice selection of bowties for the fronts of the TB's.....his screen name is jeTTTstream...

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
You can still smell the paint. . .

Just painted it today.

Picked up a new paintable grille that i'm shooting gloss black on the cross piece. I think the bow tie will pop on the black.

All things are possible with the right tools.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry if i offended anyone that painted. with proper time and prep it can look good but i really like how the gold of the stock one comes through from the back of the badge

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
sorry if i offended anyone that painted. with proper time and prep it can look good but i really like how the gold of the stock one comes through from the back of the badge
I totally understand where you are coming from. If I could, I would love to bury my skull job in a 1/4 inch deep clear. I know it's only a matter of time before it gets chiped and demolished by bugs. . . then I get to paint something different :woot:

Maybe an aftermarket co makes em'. I believe the gold is chevy's signature.

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
my two variations. Painted. Looks professional up close.

I like your colored bowtie with the black strip. I'm blacking mine out too.
I had a pic of my bowtie I just painted earlier in this thread but I pulled the pic so I can debut it on sat. Hope to get the time to prep and paint the grille or there won't be a debut for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts