Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I recently had to purchase a new vehicle after my '07 Chevy Cobalt LT 4dr decided to have a broken timing chain and break the things inside the engine head... (I am not a mechanic, I am a computer guy, bear with me).

I was a part of a cobalt forum, and now I am moving away from there to here. :) o/ greetings!

I got a fully loaded 02 Trailblazer. It even has heated seats ... omg, the luxury. And a sunroof!! OMGOMGOMG lol

So ya, I am just saying hello! I am going to be working on the car doing some cosmetics and trying to update it over the next little while to get with the times ... it's old and outdated so... I'll keep the posts in the correct subs and we'll get some cool things going for sure :)

Just wanted to say, so far I am liking it. Though it is a little harder on fuel than the cobalt so that is going to take some getting used to. 200km less per tank from what I have been able to calculate during the winter here. So it's a little sketchy but ... it is a much bigger vehicle so ... i'll just go with that.

I have driven it on a small road trip in the winter, and the 4wd came in handy already, so it's a good thing that I did get it. I would not have considered driving to where I was in my cobalt fwd. Would not have made it HAH!

A few things about my trailblazer:
  • It was a out of province accident but certified and inspected to be safe and fine
  • It is missing the OnStar antenna on the back window
  • I want to get rid of the OnStar and try to put a stereo that has bluetooth for my phone at some point
  • I think that it was stolen at some point in its life, as I have two keys. One for the doors and one for the ignition and the steering column is missing one (or more?) of the screws so it just kind of hangs off the key side a bit ... kind of annoying but i can live with it for now.
  • I was going to replace the headlight bulbs with LED's because it gets pretty annoying in the dark with those lights where I am and the wildlife are all over the place at night.
  • I cannot find a spare tire, so I am assuming it was mounted on the bottom? There is not access hatch inside the back like my cobalt. But I don't have one, so I'll have to look into that soon.
  • I would like to condition the seats, since they are leather and I don't know if they have ever been conditioned since owning, so better do it before it starts to crack.
  • Looking into getting a remote door/starter for it, as there is no passenger door lock, so the only way to access anything other than then drivers side, is to unlock the door and then use the master unlock button to unlock everything. It's quite frustrating. I used the lock on the passenger side, and the next time I opened the drivers side door it did the intrusion beeps like 10 times ;s
Anyway. I'll see if I can remember to pop in here. I am bookmarking it, replacing my cobalt forums link (Much Sad) so lets get this thing running and awesome! So far I like it a lot now. I was kind of skeptical because I am not a 'huge vehicle guy' since I have only ever driven cars, so going to an SUV was kind of scary. I looked at Dodge Dakotas and the sizes were reasonable. So when I found another Trailblazer and checked it out, the size was reasonable. I didn't buy that one, but the one I did was far superior.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
120 Posts
Welcome. So, who's gonna win the Stanley Cup?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't had much time to watch the games this season at all. Too much work away from home, but I saw the standings and it looks like I might root for the Flames if not Vegas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts