Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my battery quit on me 2 weekends ago when I was getting ready to head off to work. Might have been the -45 Deg C weather, but I parked it in the shop and charged it all day.
This Past Sunday, once again, leaving for work, no start. Again, inside she went on the charger.
Called Gm this morning to see if by some long shot, my extended warranty covered it. Of course not.
The biggest kick in the pants is I am 1K over factory warranty.....Figures.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Yeah - seems like instead of squandering billons of $ they could replace the junk batteries they gave us. (I replaced mine too - without even asking about the extended warranty covering it - I had a few issues it didn't cover - thinking of cancelling it)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Yeah - seems like instead of squandering billons of $ they could replace the junk batteries they gave us......
Now, I am the first to get on GM's case about problems that they "ignore", and am not defending them at all :no:, but I have one of the earliest TB's made (purchased in July '01, 154K+ on it now), and I have to admit that the battery lasted far longer than I usually think they should.

I didn't have to replace it until Jan. of '06......4 1/2 years is a great run for any battery, and I think I got more than my money's worth from it. Are all battery's going to last that long??? No, I doubt it.

Normally, I figure about 4 years max before it should be changed.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
9 Posts
I didn't have to replace it until Jan. of '06......4 1/2 years is a great run for any battery, and I think I got more than my money's worth from it. Are all battery's going to last that long??? No, I doubt it.

Normally, I figure about 4 years max before it should be changed.
Wow I still have the original battery in my 02 and no issues. It was -30 to -40 here with the windchill and it started right up so I'm going on 6 1/2 years. I will change it next year as I know I'm pushing it too far already.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
211 Posts
Wow- that has to be a record for the upper midwest, unless you drive your truck from a heated garage to a heated parking ramp everyday.** I am usually cheering at about 3.5 years!**

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a little disappointing where my Acura had the same battery for 7 years until I traded her off for the TB, and this one is from late 06 when my TB was built, but I did find another DELCO 720 CCA Battery for $84.
That reminds me. 1 year.....I bought the Trailblazer on Dec 24th last year.:D Been a good year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts