Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got back from best buy and i got my jvc kw-avx810 installed :woohoo: it's my first double din, and i'm not very educated about car audio but i love the unit. it sits flush and looks great in the dash, it's easy to use, and the picture and sound is awesome. it seems like it's made my stock speakers sound so much louder. but anyway here are a couple of pictures. they were from my phone but it's all i got lol.

dash view

view of it opened up

now i do have something i'd like you guys help on... the parking brake bypass. keep in mind, like i said, i don't know a whole bunch about audio and i'm not really really mechanically inclined anyway lol. but here's a picture of the parking brake wire where the install guy ran it. the picture is down in the inside of my center console and it's the light green wire coming up from the bottom of the picture that goes into the little red thing lol.

how do i bypass it? from what i understand all i need to do is ground it to something but... how/what lol? i'm a lil :weird: when it comes to this type stuff if ya couldn't tell lol. i need the car audio for dummies version.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
28 Posts
well i just got back from best buy and i got my jvc kw-avx810 installed :woohoo: it's my first double din, and i'm not very educated about car audio but i love the unit. it sits flush and looks great in the dash, it's easy to use, and the picture and sound is awesome. it seems like it's made my stock speakers sound so much louder. but anyway here are a couple of pictures. they were from my phone but it's all i got lol.

dash view

view of it opened up

now i do have something i'd like you guys help on... the parking brake bypass. keep in mind, like i said, i don't know a whole bunch about audio and i'm not really really mechanically inclined anyway lol. but here's a picture of the parking brake wire where the install guy ran it. the picture is down in the inside of my center console and it's the light green wire coming up from the bottom of the picture that goes into the little red thing lol.

how do i bypass it? from what i understand all i need to do is ground it to something but... how/what lol? i'm a lil :weird: when it comes to this type stuff if ya couldn't tell lol. i need the car audio for dummies version.
If you are able to remove the radio, all u have to do is connect the lime green wire tothe ground which is a black wire, the easiest way to find it is too just follow the black wire from the radio harness to wherever best buy wired it too, connect either by splcing into it or with a wire nut and your all set. Hope this helps out

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts

dash view

view of it opened up

whats the red connector for?

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what all do i gotta do to get the headunit out? or can i get to the ground wire without pulling the radio out? damn i wish i could just have somebody do it that knows what the hell they're doin lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For free? Why exactly are you needing to bypass the brake interlock? It's a legal/safety thing in most states.
Im surprised best buy didn't wire it for you, basically the lime green wire if im correct this is the same in my double din radio, the lime green wire is supposed to get connected to the parking brake therefore the owner or user of the vehicle can not see any movies while he is drving. Is ur radio a tv/dvd player as well? If so that's y it should get connected to the parking brake. Though like I said you can wire it to the ground of the radio so one can watch tv while one is driving. It is illegal, and if you get into a accident they'll check to see how it is wired, as too see if you could've gotten distracted while driving and watching tv.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im surprised best buy didn't wire it for you, basically the lime green wire if im correct this is the same in my double din radio, the lime green wire is supposed to get connected to the parking brake therefore the owner or user of the vehicle can not see any movies while he is drving. Is ur radio a tv/dvd player as well? If so that's y it should get connected to the parking brake. Though like I said you can wire it to the ground of the radio so one can watch tv while one is driving. It is illegal, and if you get into a accident they'll check to see how it is wired, as too see if you could've gotten distracted while driving and watching tv.
yeah it's a dvd player as well which is why it's wired to the parking brake. i know it's illegal to watch movies while your driving (which i definitely wouldn't do lol) but the main reason i'm asking is so that my girl or any other passenger that rides with me would be able to pop in a movie and watch it or some music videos or something like that.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
That's what roof mounted DVD players are for - to entertain rug rats in the rear seat. If you have a date or a passenger, they should be attending to your needs ;) , not watching a movie and gasping at the scary parts to distract you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's what roof mounted DVD players are for - to entertain rug rats in the rear seat. If you have a date or a passenger, they should be attending to your needs ;) , not watching a movie and gasping at the scary parts to distract you.
Rodie, that's a hilarious comment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i had to search online by the model head unit and found that there was a yellow wire that i had to ground, and also a code that had to be entered in order to bypass it.If you just ground it most headunits will lock up again once you turn it off, be careful with it though i never planned on watching mine but found myself doing it all the time, i no longer use it...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
276 Posts
Depending on the stereo, just grounding the lime green wire may not work. I know the Pioneer models you need a relay that you tie in with your amp turn on lead and 2 grounds to get the DVD display to kick on, a simple ground doesn't work as it looks for a disconect of the ground as well as a regrounding of that wire.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i searched for it on youtube and found a guy that did it on the same player and he just pulled the unit out and found the light green and black wire and just peeled off some off the coating and wrapped the light green wire around the black one lol.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
the picture is down in the inside of my center console and it's the light green wire coming up from the bottom of the picture that goes into the little red thing lol.
yeah i searched for it on youtube and found a guy that did it on the same player and he just pulled the unit out and found the light green and black wire and just peeled off some off the coating and wrapped the light green wire around the black one lol.
so there are 2 light green wires?

·
Registered
gmc
3,112 Posts
ive scene your truck inside its a rolling distraction,,,computers, maps,cb's chopper radios...lol i know u arent talking about a dvd player upfront being a problem:duh::crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ok guys well a quick update, i got the e brake set up on a switch and it worked fine. But when i went to put the panels back on and bolt everything back up the damn thing won't do anything. I mean won't do a ****in thing. All it'll do is if you push the detach button it'll let you detach it or open but that's IT. It does still have the retained accesory power but no door chimes now. What the hell is wrong now?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.