Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got that roof rack off last night/morning. I was surprised to see how far the bolt holes were raised up. Im not sure I like the 10 points showing on the roof. If I add caps to them they will stack up even more.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
132 Posts
go with the set screws like i did. This way you will not stick up any more than it does already and looks great!

I originally did the caps on it and painted them as well but it stood out too much and was noticeable.

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
go with the set screws like i did. This way you will not stick up any more than it does already and looks great!

I originally did the caps on it and painted them as well but it stood out too much and was noticeable.
Set screws? Do you have a closer pic. I got the flatest caps and stuck them in and I was going to paint them. Is that what your talking about? or do I need to grind down the bolt holes?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
132 Posts
Set screws? Do you have a closer pic. I got the flatest caps and stuck them in and I was going to paint them. Is that what your talking about? or do I need to grind down the bolt holes?
Yeah thats what i was talking about. I will try and get a close up pic for you tomorrow, you cant see the set screw because i sealed it with clear silicone and painted them to match the truck, but anyhow came out awesome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts