Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some new spark plugs, break pads and some HID's

The plugs were a pain in the %$# to put in. I couldn't get the 1st one out because of the plastic wire cover. Then my wrench wouldn't fin i to remove the last 2 in the back. So i only replaced 4 of them.

New Pads work Great. Super smooth and quiet.

And the HID's.
LOVE EM !!!!

Went with 8000K.
They don't really look as blue as they do in the pics.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
When I changed the back plugs, IIRC, I needed a 1" extension. I like the HID's. I'm torn between the 6000k and the 8000k. Yours do look good.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I changed the back plugs, IIRC, I needed a 1" extension. I like the HID's. I'm torn between the 6000k and the 8000k. Yours do look good.
I had a 1ft Extension but with the socket as well, It wouldn't fit.

My buddy has a shorter one im gona borrow from him tomorrow

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
1 inch not 1 foot. It was just long enough to fit down but, not bind against the firewall when unscrewing the plug.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
218 Posts
For that first plug, you can bend/crunch that plastic tray in pretty far, and you can change the plug without removing it. What I did was take the little cover off of it, and then use a string to pull it towards you as far as possible to get to the bolt and have the clearance to get the coil pack out. Not easy, but definitely do-able. And, yeah, getting it back in sucks too. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but just thought I'd share since I just did mine Thursday.

Just curious, what kind of pads did you go with?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For that first plug, you can bend/crunch that plastic tray in pretty far, and you can change the plug without removing it. What I did was take the little cover off of it, and then use a string to pull it towards you as far as possible to get to the bolt and have the clearance to get the coil pack out. Not easy, but definitely do-able. And, yeah, getting it back in sucks too. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but just thought I'd share since I just did mine Thursday.

Just curious, what kind of pads did you go with?
Yea, i bent the plastic thing.

I went with Duralast Cmax Gold pads.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
the HID's look nice!!!

and i had the same problem..but a 6 inch extension worked nicely for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts