Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got my PCMforless tune for my '08 Trailblazer LT 4.2. They sent me the dashawk, which made the CASE relearn incredibly easy, and cheap.

Makes a noticeable difference in performance. What I notice most, and like best, is the shift firmness, which has improved dramatically. These folks really do have a great business going. For the money, I can't imagine anything else that would make such a difference.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Ok, so I got my PCMforless tune for my '08 Trailblazer LT 4.2. They sent me the dashawk, which made the CASE relearn incredibly easy, and cheap.

Makes a noticeable difference in performance. What I notice most, and like best, is the shift firmness, which has improved dramatically. These folks really do have a great business going. For the money, I can't imagine anything else that would make such a difference.
What firmness did you go with.

Does your first to second gear shift feel like it slips at all once its warmed up?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What firmness did you go with.

Does your first to second gear shift feel like it slips at all once its warmed up?
I went with level "2", which is definately firmer than stock. I feel no slip from first to second. Also, if I accelerate up a hill, the downshift is much quicker and sharper than it was before.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i got my pcmforless tune last may
and i still love it
:D
i went with the 2 shift firmness as well
but now i am switching to the 3 firmness and the premium grade fuel as well
these guys know what they are doing
the tune was hands down the best upgrade i have put on my tb
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
2,903 Posts
I'VE HAD MINE FOR AWHILE AND KELLY AND ALVIN ARE THE BEST MY TUNE WORKS GREAT I'M GOING TO UPGRADE MINE SOON :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
397 Posts
i just installed my tune this past week. what have these tunes done with everyones MPG? ive been gunning it around town and going 110 on the highway etc so i dont think this tank will reflect what kind of mileage ill really be getting.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,531 Posts
It doesn't do alot for the mileage but it makes the engine and trans function better. I have had my tune for 1.5 years and love it. Toss on a CAI and it will breathe better too.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
397 Posts
well i just hope it doesnt severely drop my mpg. i have a CAI and exhaust so.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
I am going to have to get this tune now. Just need now a way to get it past the wifey.:nono: I will have to use the better mpg ploy.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
397 Posts
tell her it will extend engine and transmission life! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
My truck is still under factory warranty til Dec., so I think I will make this a Xmas gift to myself. Plus by then I will get the K&N intake instead of just the filter.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
171 Posts
well i installed my tune 3 weeks ago loved it had a stage 2 shift and 89 octane after a couple of days driving in town i was not feeliing the firm shift a little to hard for me was ready to take the tune out and boom blew my tranny, pump gear broke. so i upgrade my tranny with the corvette servo and a 490 boost valve and it run's great now . still going to down size my shifts because around town it was way to hard first and second just killed me and in traffic not a fun ride. but when u have open road they really unleash the power in these engines.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
i just installed my tune this past week. what have these tunes done with everyones MPG? ive been gunning it around town and going 110 on the highway etc so i dont think this tank will reflect what kind of mileage ill really be getting.

going 110 on the highway gets you great gas mileage :ugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts