Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was parked the other day sitting in the car and this rental truck pulls up next to me. He decided he wanted to park in front of me. Needless to say the bumper on the truck hit my left front fender and almost ripped the bumper completely off. His insurance is going to pay for it. My questions is I have an 04 EXT and I was thinking of getting a different bumper to replace it instead of the stock. What kind of options are out there besides the SS. Also what kind of price range would they be. The stock bumper was around $442.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LTZ2003, the damage is allot worse than it looks. The bumper was bent all the way forward touching the license plate. The Fog light bulb was ripped out and broke both the bulb and the housing. I was able to get the bumper to snap back in. You can see the crack in the second picture if you look close. It's to the right of the license plate. you can see where the replection isn't smooth. It's actually torn all the way through. I got an estimate it was around $1600. Did yours include the fender and the bumper??

ssmedt, I would have to replace the grill and lights even though I have an LT now?? Would I need to do those mods if I went with the SS Bumper?

Thanks

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
ssmedt, I would have to replace the grill and lights even though I have an LT now?? Would I need to do those mods if I went with the SS Bumper?

Thanks
Yes and Yes; the 06+ LT front end has a grill that actually dips down into the bumper where there is a cut out in the bumper. this actually elimates the "wave" that most TB bumper have in the middle; from what i have seen and the SS bumper also has the cut out in the bumper so it won't bolt right up to your truck either; take a close look at some of the pics in the gallerys and you will see what i mean

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ssmedt that answers my question. i guess my two choices are stock or the Street Scene. I guess I have to figure out which one I like better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts