Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maxed out at 330 torque and 324 hp. Will post the graph in a few.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I finally wrestled wifey's Mac scanner into submission, here's the chart from today's dyno run...this was a SuperFlow dyno.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Kybuilt said:
Well, I finally wrestled wifey's Mac scanner into submission, here's the chart from today's dyno run...this was a SuperFlow dyno.
how many miles on it, and what were some other 2WD/AWD stock numbers...? What kind of dyno is that? how many pulls and how much did they charge you? thanks..

·
Registered
2006 chevy
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how many miles on it, and what were some other 2WD/AWD stock numbers...? What kind of dyno is that? how many pulls and how much did they charge you? thanks..
Just passed 2,000 miles. I changed the oil & filter (Mobil1, 5w30), haven't touched another thing under the hood. The guys running the dyno were really impressed:) . Until I told them that ain't no straight 6 under the hood:duh: . They pulled it 3 times, just printed out the best one, but the numbers were nearly identical for all three. Set me back $75, I get $20 off that when I come back after mods.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Kybuilt said:
Just passed 2,000 miles. I changed the oil & filter (Mobil1, 5w30), haven't touched another thing under the hood. The guys running the dyno were really impressed:) . Until I told them that ain't no straight 6 under the hood:duh: . They pulled it 3 times, just printed out the best one, but the numbers were nearly identical for all three. Set me back $75, I get $20 off that when I come back after mods.
thanks, Tony ...we should start a thread for just dynos (sticky) so we can compare, stock, after what mods..good to get an idea of what SS's (AWD/2WD) are doing...

·
Registered
2006 chevy
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TonyGXP said:
thanks, Tony ...we should start a thread for just dynos (sticky) so we can compare, stock, after what mods..good to get an idea of what SS's (AWD/2WD) are doing...
:iagree: How about it, Moderators?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
616 Posts
poSSum said:
18% driveline loss for the 2wd. Sure an eye opener for a Camaro guy that got 310 at the wheels from an advertised 327 HP LS1. Only mod was a lid.
I'm sure you are aware that the 327HP number was not accurate - it was an underrated number. Same year the LS1 was in the Corvette perhaps? I think they did something similar with the Grand Nationals (1984-1987) so the Corvette flagship could still retain the #1 spot, at least numbers-wise.

Anyway, 17-18% is about right for an auto with factory tuning.

·
Registered
17 Posts
TBSSTony said:
Really?! Damn, I thought that was about the loss for AWD. How bad are the losses for AWD then? 25%?
Rule of thumb is usually:
15% for manual transmission vehicles
20% for automatic transmission vehicles
25-30% for AWD vehicles

These numbers account for 5% lose in the axle, 10-15% lose in the trans (manual / auto), and 5-10% lose in the t-case (depending on the design - direct vs. viscious). Of course these numbers could be reduced depending on lubricants used.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
87GN said:
Rule of thumb is usually:
15% for manual transmission vehicles
20% for automatic transmission vehicles
25-30% for AWD vehicles

These numbers account for 5% lose in the axle, 10-15% lose in the trans (manual / auto), and 5-10% lose in the t-case (depending on the design - direct vs. viscious). Of course these numbers could be reduced depending on lubricants used.

Back when I was there, Michigan State University's dyno lab use(d) for the chassis-to-engine losses:
10% Manuals
13% Autos
17% AWD variants

FWIW, my dyno experience has normally shown the above #'s to result in much closer readings when comparing stock #s back to OEM advertised #s. Plus they're also a bit more conservative if/when people start trying to quote flywheel #s. But, most people end up using whatever they want.... It just turns into a guess once we start using fudge-factors anyways.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
EssEss said:
Kybuilt, I know you have your Vector Tune now... when are you going back?:D
I took off work early Fri. last week, when I got to the speed shop, only one guy was working!:cry: I'm gonna try to go to the asphalt dyno this coming weekend:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts