Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a set of Goodyear Wrangler RT/S on Craigslist. size 265/70/16 w/ 5k miles for $140usd. I know its a good deal, and a streetable tire, but how would these handle on mild offroad applications? Size should fit without spacers, so I could run them until I get my permanent setup. Gimme yo input.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
On further search, I found some bad reviews about their wet performance. Assume you found these, too. Be careful. They're cheap takeoffs that used to be somebody's OEM tires, it seems. I thought the tread pattern was OK, but not outstanding. The reviews are much scarier, though.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the mistake I made with the last set. Excellent tires, but don't really wet pavement. Fortunately, I am extremely well at adapting driving styles, so I can handle anything with wheels and a motor. Doing research now as I wait for responses, and they aren't as good as I thought they'd be.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
I looked at the Wrangler's a few years ago while shopping for new tires for my jeep... I too noticed the bad reviews & went for the Dueler A/T REVO's.

But it is a pretty good deal if it's just going to hold you over

1 - 6 of 6 Posts