Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install one of these? It sits on two posts that are say 1 1/2-2" long. One side of each post is straight and the other side slightly curved.

I had the dealer install one on Earl, and the curved part is facing the front. It looks good, but something dosen't seem right. Should the curved part be facing to the rear instead of the front?

·
Registered
20 Posts
rear air deflector

When standing behind the truck you will notice The air deflector has a cut out for the 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes, it should face the opposite way than a spoiler does, it is not a spoiler. ;) Its sole purpose is to keep the rear glass cleaner by redirecting air flow from over the vehicle to down the back. This reduces the large vacuum at the back of an SUV which collects all the dust and dirty water.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
45 Posts
How much and where can I find one? I hate how the back gets so dirty.
Same here. This salt water muck we drive in for 3 months here in the northern states is caked all over the back of mine. Got a part number. I'd be interested in something if it's not too ghetto looking.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
703 Posts
Yea soso I like the one on my s-10 just simple metal. It does keep the glass alot cleaner.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll take more pics tomorrow. The reason for the close-up pics is because I'm asking if the mounting posts for the wing were installed backwards. Look at the mounting post's.

As for the wing being too racey, well duh. You don't go out and buy a 400HP SUV for trips to the grocery store.

So far, I've noticed that it helps pin the rear when you punch it in the center off the curve. And it's not as squirrelly flooring it in a straight line. Don't have to fight the steering wheel as much past 60mph.

Earl's getting a new rear sway bar, new coilovers, a lowering job and a ECM/TCM massage, not to mention a new CAI.

Don't care how it looks. Just wanna make it better. And that means doing stuff right.

Or give up and buy a Lexus.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts