Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the procedure in removing and installing a new GMC grill emblem on a 2006 Envoy? Do I have to remove the grill? Somebody out there has done it. What is the correct procedure to do it right? Thanks...Mark

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat There are three nuts (27 lb.in.) holding the GMC emblem to the grill. You could probably get away with just pulling the top of the grill out BUT, you take the risk of breaking off the lower mounting tabs. :m2:

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
ive had my grille out,changed grilles,removed the emblem,,,lol you name it ive done it...you best bet is to just take the grille out,,,it takes literally 30 seconds to do it......pop the top 4 clips with a flathead screw driver and pull up...its very easy.. the emblem comes off with a socket,,not sure what size.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
ive had my grille out,changed grilles,removed the emblem,,,lol you name it ive done it...you best bet is to just take the grille out,,,it takes literally 30 seconds to do it......pop the top 4 clips with a flathead screw driver and pull up...its very easy.. the emblem comes off with a socket,,not sure what size.
As he said. Just be sure to pull up on the grille, or the bottom tabs will be in danger of getting broken off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts