Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
330 Posts
I'm sure you can find a cheaper price on ebay or something thats pretty steep for a cargo liner. Can you just throw a sheet in there or do the dogs mess it up?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking for something a little more permanent. The hair just kind of sticks in the carpet so its hard to get out. I was thinking the vinyl would be a bit easier to clean.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
try looking up trailblazer husky liners on ebay. Thought I saw some on there recently, those are like a heavy rubber mat. Mine came with a carpet mat, but if you flip it over its vinyl on the other side

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
59 Posts
I just put old blankets in the back of mine.It does well enough that i can go a month or so befor vacuming it again.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
98 Posts
I have one of these from the dealer when I picked my truck up. Think it was less than 100 like 89 from dealer. I bought it cause of dog shedding problems, hair everywhere. I found this to work great for dog hair very easy to clean up Dirt, mud hair and small spills wipe right up. Also allows you to cut out for the cargo tie downs. :thumbsup:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Had the rear Husky Liner in my 02 since about a month after purchase and finally got the front and rear seat liners in 06. Definitely worth it, I go snow skiing in the winter and am always throwing wet gear in the back and climbing into my TB with snowy boots. In the summer its water from the boat launch or after skiing heading home with a wetsuit, towel, etc. Just throw it all in the back and dont think twice about it.

IMO Ive seen the GM one and its not as good as the Husky Liner or WeatherTech liner, doesnt have much of a lip. My Husky Liner has about a 2-2.5" lip on it, the floor mats are prob .75-1" so nothing gets on the carpet. Carpet looks brand new after 7+ years.

Not sure if Im going to go with Husky again or WeatherTech in my SS, flyingfischer5 is getting some WeatherTech mats here soon that I want to check out in person.

Plus I found my liners online for cheap, google them.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
I bought the following on ebay some 6 yrs ago. It came out of a NORTH FACE edition TB as its labeled The North Face. But the Cargo tie downs fit perfect as you can see.

I have 2 German Shepherds. One sheds ALOT more than the other. One is 9 yrs old the other about 6 months.

But this has worked great... (AS LONG as you dont open the window- then the hair flys all over the car).
Some hair gets stuck in the tie down holes-- or on the sides of the mat.
The ones that fly--- well-I get those with a vaccuum later.
But- I also use one of those YELLOW dishwashing gloves or the shamy and rub it accross the carpet- this does a good job of picking up the hairs.
the seat back- get some of the hair intertwined into the fabric- but most of it comes off...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
Just thought about something...
You dont mention what kind of dogs you have.
But if you have larger dogs- with nice sized nails--- then that cover youre looking at may tear easily.
My shepherds- when they jump in - you can see their nails stick out when they land...
The North face cover I have is nice thick rubber. so their claws only mark the rubber but wont tear it... so thats one thing to consider.

Here are my kids--- the Tan with black- female- is about 8 yrs old. 80-85 lbs.
the black with tan-- is the new kid. Hes about 5-6 months old.
Had him for about 2 months now. I found him roaming the streets. Dirty and full of ticks. his ears were still floppy. and only weighed about 18 lbs.
He weighed in at 30 lbs 2 weeks ago. so Im sure hes now 35 lbs.
He is male- and in no time will outgrow the female.
the female has the 2 coats of hair-- outer is coarse - inner is soft
the male also has both-- but so far- his is no trouble. The female leaves hair all over....

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have a black German shepherd and a blonde labrador and we live on a farm which means that in addition to losing hair they also tend top have muddy paws.

I'm presently located in Europe and I cannot source a cargo liner or mat of the right size locally. Shipping one over from the US would likely be prohibitively expensive.

For now I'm using a grey house entrance mat that I had lying around and while I would still prefer a proper cargo liner it does do the job and looks OK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
GM cargo liner

I have one of these from the dealer when I picked my truck up. Think it was less than 100 like 89 from dealer. I bought it cause of dog shedding problems, hair everywhere. I found this to work great for dog hair very easy to clean up Dirt, mud hair and small spills wipe right up. Also allows you to cut out for the cargo tie downs. :thumbsup:
trailrez, does your liner cover the whole area when the back seats are folded down? Also, does it come with any hardware to secure it? Do you think a 100lb dog's nails would rip the material?. Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
trailrez, does your liner cover the whole area when the back seats are folded down? Also, does it come with any hardware to secure it? Do you think a 100lb dog's nails would rip the material?. Thanks.
It covers back of seats, when they are up or down. Which is why I chose this instead of the husky liner. No hardware to install, it snuggly fits around top couple of inches of seat and its barely noticable with my dark blue interior. Also has small plastic tabs that tuck around the molding about every 10- 12 inches, which hold it pretty well. And it makes for easy access to cubby :thumbsup: Dog nails shouldn't be a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&AddPartNumber=12497720&partnumber=12497720

anyone have one of these?

Looking to make it easier to clean up dog hair instead of using up half of a lint roller each time.

Anyone have an other alternatives that they use?

Thanks in advance
I bought one for my Denali and I like it, It would depend on what your needs are. This cover is foldable and quite thick so it works for those occasions that you want something to put down for protection but it's able to fold down and stow in it's bag when you don't need it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts