Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Denali's water pump is being replaced so I looked at the Acadia and Yukon. The Yukon Denali or top of the line version Acadia had stickers in the $50k range, Yukon was close to $60k. That opens up the market to a lot of other possibilities. I bought my 06 Denali for around $35k back in Dec 2005. I just don't see $15-25k difference. Yeah, they are more modern, carry 7 people, not much difference otherwise.

Someday I plan on buying a 68 Corvette (year my wife and I was born) and plan on using tow vehicle to take it to distant shows/events. Acadia's 5k tow rating might be pushing it. My Denali's is decent at around 6k. Yukon's would work of course.

Then again with the new GM, they both might be extinct some day anyways.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
215 Posts
you bring up a good point. why do domestic vehicles cost the same as imports? such as Nissan Armada or Toyota Sequoia. Both of imports fully loaded is a little under 60K
Shouldn't domestic vehicles be a lot cheaper?? Don't get me wrong.. I love my Envoy Denali.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you bring up a good point. why do domestic vehicles cost the same as imports? such as Nissan Armada or Toyota Sequoia. Both of imports fully loaded is a little under 60K
Shouldn't domestic vehicles be a lot cheaper?? Don't get me wrong.. I love my Envoy Denali.
I think that has a lot to do with lack of import tariffs. But if our government charged foreign companies around a 25% tarriff like most countries due to us, our companies would just raise the price 25%.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,405 Posts
Domestic vehicles could be cheaper, but each vehicle has a $2000 legacy cost to support UAW benefits.

·
West Chapter
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3,421 Posts
I bought my Denali for about 32k back in 2005 and I looked at the Yukon Denali XL also and the 65k price tag was crazy, but my wife told me that her co worker just bought a new Yukon Denali XL for about 40k :mad:, I guess GM is really trying to make some deals now, and I got another call from my dealership trying to get me into a new car and I told them that my credit is not as good as it was then and I'm happy with my ride, they told me they can work out the credit issue :crazy:, I guess this may be the time for people to get good deals.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
89 Posts
Even though they are branded with the import badge (Toyota Sequoia / Nissan Armada) they are both made in the United States... Toyota Sequoia is made in Princeton, Indiana and the Nissan Armada are made in Canton, Mississippi...

And like Envoy Fan said... supporting UAW benefits.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Profits still go back to Japan for those US made imports. Personally if I lived in one of those states that build those vehicles I would be pissed that they give those company tax benefits. Heck, they almost give them the kitchen sink also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.