Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
178 Posts
Hmm. Quality wise, its not really a good clip. It doesn't seem clear.. Its mono too. Doesn't seem to have the hangers in the right places, but I could be wrong. I hope it isn't one big piece.. theres no reason why it would be.. but still, that'd be damn near impossible to install.

Look at the footnotes.. Heh..

1. Kit comes with 4'' stainless tip(s)
  2. 3" Tailpipe
Umm, huh?

·
Registered
550 Posts
i just ordered one. should be here in less than 2 weeks. sound clips to come. ordered a k and n aircharger from summit while i was at it. hptuners to come as well to tune for it just in case! woo hoo!

todd

·
Registered
550 Posts
Youve been busy today Todd!!:D

What are you going to do about your cam tune?
the cam tune isnt going anywhere. with hptuners, i will be able to log some data at the local dyno and email that to my tuner who will make the applicable changes (if any) for the k and n.

todd

·
Registered
2006 chevy
178 Posts
the cam tune isnt going anywhere. with hptuners, i will be able to log some data at the local dyno and email that to my tuner who will make the applicable changes (if any) for the k and n.

todd
Hell yeah Todd! HpTuners can do quite a bit. I wonder if your tuner tuned the VE.. Eh, Mafless tuning and all the really cool advanced stuff turns my brain to mush.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I called Gibson today about their catback I ordered yesterday. I asked about the muffler used. If you look at the picture, it does not look like a traditional Gibson muffler. Gibson tech told me that its one of their new "flat can" mufflers which happens to be functionally equivelant to a Flowmaster, basically. He did assure me that it DOES flow better than Flowmaster though. I have an electric cutout for wide open anyways.

I'll post pictures and sound clips as soon as I get it. I purchased the aluminized version of this for $319. Not a bad price at all. I have used almuminum catbacks in the past, even in my winter climate, and I have had no problems. I will coat it with VHT very high temperature black paint to help shield agaisnt any rusting. Also, I confirmed that this tip is a 4" tip. The rest of the exhaust, all the way to the tail pipe is 3". The tip, of course, clamps on to the 3" tailpipe.

Todd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts