Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here it is....my question to everyone is how is the sound of the gibson WITH a Flowmaster 40series muffler (or anyother loud ones). I am going to be buying the Gibson with a K&N air intake. But i want it to be a little louder and noticable, i would be hoping to set off car alarms in a parking garge just for fun if i could get it that loud. So sound clips or ideas on adding the Gibson and Flowmaster muffler together would be helpful. I wouldnt mind too much drone in the cabin, but nothing that will get super annoying, i jump on hte highway to school for like 2 minutes so i can deal with that. As long as it dosent drone out my subwoofer when i have that turned up. Thanks guys! :)

**before i get all those duck and run messages, i searched the forums and i couldnt really find the both of them together so if anyone has done this already please send me to that thread. im still a little new to the site i dont have much time to go on so im on like once a month give or take lol. :cry:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking at that thread earlier and heard the 40, 50, and 70 series but i want to know about having both gibson and flowmaster combined. i was unable to find what it sounds like to have both installed on the same Trailvoy

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
i was looking at that thread earlier and heard the 40, 50, and 70 series but i want to know about having both gibson and flowmaster combined. i was unable to find what it sounds like to have both installed on the same Trailvoy
You want two mufflers and are expecting a louder sound?:confused:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
well i think he meant cutting out the gibson res and adding a flowmaster... and to my knowledge the mangaflow only comes with resignators, same wit the corsa

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
well i think he meant cutting out the gibson res and adding a flowmaster... and to my knowledge the mangaflow only comes with resignators, same wit the corsa
the magnaflow yes.. Corsa does not come with resonators.. i have the Corsa Touring catback on my TBSS and no resonator..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah im going to be cutting the gibson muffler and let the flowmaster do all the rest and keep the gibson pipes (i pretty much need to replace my exhaust anyway i bought the TB used and it wasnt taken care of as good as it could have been0 so i was wondering if anyone cut the gibson muffler keept the pipes.

im starting to get a hole near that damn tin can in the rear so i need the pipes but i want the loud sound

ok so im gunna shut up and lets just say this thread is over...i feel stupid :duh: lol....just not in the game anymore...idk wut i was thinking im more of an exterior junky myself though i just want this little bit of performance....so yeah i embarrsed hahaha but hey we are all stupid sumtimes :bonk:....wow i rele cant feel any more stupid....what rele got into me there

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
i think it might be cool... i'll be insanely loud with a short super 44, and it might be cheaper to custom make one and add a flowmaster

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,140 Posts
i think it might be cool... i'll be insanely loud with a short super 44, and it might be cheaper to custom make one and add a flowmaster
:iagree: it will be cheaper if you go custom instead of buying the gibson setup and adding another nuffler.

shop around different muffler shops, im sure they can give you an estimate of the setup that you like :yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts