Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my next mod is to dip my 05 TB. have any of you done a full vehicle dip?

tried some searches and could only find threads of people doing partial dips (badges, grill, handles, mirrors, etc).

i'm trying to figure out what color to go with. i really like matte black.
just going to go with one of the following basic colors:
Black
White
Red
Yellow
Light Blue
Gunmetal Grey

i was thinking, some accents would look really badass but have no idea about design or colors or any of that fun stuff.

any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 chevy
69 Posts
Not TB, but I've seen some plastidpped trucks in matte black and they are very stealth-looking. If you want to add basic color, red or yellow would look good like adding hood or fender stripes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you thinking about having your TB stand out or go for a darker/subdued look? I'm thinking about starting to dip my TB exterior as well. I have already dipped the grill, logos, trim, and some of the interior. Looking forward to seeing yours all done.
i've decided to go with matte black just because of simplicity. now it's just a waiting game to see when the next shipment of black gets in. shipping to alaska can be a challenge sometimes lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he was doing a promotion and charged me 575 (it was a birthday gift from my awesome wife) which is cheaper than buying a kit to do it myself... not to mention i would probably do it wrong the first time and end up re-doing it. plus there are a lot of challenges when attempting to ship certain types of hazmat to alaska. i haven't researched it myself but i've been told that gallons of plastidip can't be shipped here without jumping through some ridiculous hoops (i could be wrong).

he sent me a couple of teasers today

this is after 2 coats:

i'll be able to pick it up in a few hours and hopefully the sun stays out and i'll be able to get some good images tomorrow. this is the final product but just a little teaser:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
7 Posts
How does it look a year later?

Did You do your rims? how did they turn out? I'm thinking about doing my rims and all the grey parts of my bumpers on my 05 TB.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did You do your rims? how did they turn out? I'm thinking about doing my rims and all the grey parts of my bumpers on my 05 TB.....
Never got around to doing the wheels. I decided to wait for summer lol. The rest is holding up really well tho. There's a few scratches that will need repair but I'd rather put some fresh dip on than worry about touch-up paint.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
7 Posts
Never got around to doing the wheels. I decided to wait for summer lol. The rest is holding up really well tho. There's a few scratches that will need repair but I'd rather put some fresh dip on than worry about touch-up paint.
"Waiting for the summer" is the same excuse I'm using....lol I got the 4 cans of plastidip and treatments bundle ready to go! Gonna hack off my resonater before that tho, my new exhaust tip and glass pack is in the mail.... Can't wait..... Gonna put up some pics.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts