Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was 20, I thought it was cool to put a dual outlet Magnaflow on my Trailblazer. Now that I'm 26, I'm not liking the noise as much so I am wanting to go back to a quieter/stock sound. I have found two different exhausts for my Trailblazer and I was wondering which one I needed to get.

The first is AP EXHAUST 700429
The second is AP EXHAUST 700345

Which of these is right for the Trailblazer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
331 Posts
where are you pulling these part numbers from?

If you are getting them from a catalog then the application listing should be correct....?

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I just realized one is for the front and the other is for the rear. Didn't realize that Trailblazers had two mufflers. I will have to go out and see if my front one is still on there.

Has anyone used an AP exhaust on their Trailblazer? The second muffler doesn't look like the big trash can one that was cut out. Just wanting to know if it will restore the stock sound.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
476 Posts
Other things to consider when doing an aftermarket exhaust are the materials the pipes and mufflers are made from.
Aluminized steel is better than painted steel.
Stainless steel is better than either of the former.

It's also going to depend on how long you will keep the truck. I usually end up with the pipes going before the mufflers and/or resonators.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
13 Posts
Take it to an Exaust shop, and they can hang a stock muffler with out pipes, unless the pipes are rotton or custom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts