Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock 16 inch OEM wheels on my '02 Trailblazer LS and its finally time for me to replace them. This is my first car, and will be my first time ever purchasing a new set of tires- so needless to say I know nothing about tires :)

I have been doing some research online, and shopping DiscountTire.com and from what I've narrowed it down to is Yokohama Geolander A/T-S, only because I've heard Yokohama is a good brand, or I could go with the cheaper route and get what i assume is a cheaper brand, the Pathfinder Trail A/P.

I am just asking for some input if anybody has had expierience with those tires because personally, I havent got a clue what to look for in a tire. What I do know, is I never take my TB off road so it ONLY drives on roads. So with that into consideration would either of these tires be good for me.

Thanks alot in advance! I truly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
I agree with the GY Fortera, I have the SL Edition on my 22 inch rims. There are plenty of good reviews on all Fortera's though, and affordable too! Good luck!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
48 Posts
I have the stock 16 inch OEM wheels on my '02 Trailblazer LS and its finally time for me to replace them. This is my first car, and will be my first time ever purchasing a new set of tires- so needless to say I know nothing about tires :)

I have been doing some research online, and shopping DiscountTire.com and from what I've narrowed it down to is Yokohama Geolander A/T-S, only because I've heard Yokohama is a good brand, or I could go with the cheaper route and get what i assume is a cheaper brand, the Pathfinder Trail A/P.

I am just asking for some input if anybody has had expierience with those tires because personally, I havent got a clue what to look for in a tire. What I do know, is I never take my TB off road so it ONLY drives on roads. So with that into consideration would either of these tires be good for me.

Thanks alot in advance! I truly appreciate it.
i work at discount. your ride will suck with trail ap's there a cheap tire and people come in for ride problems with them all the time. the yoks are pretty good. you'll get decent mileage out of them, however they tend to wear kinda funny and you will probably not be happy with them after awhile. but your best bet would be Michelin ltx's. great tire and exceptional wear. also you could go with yok geolander ht-s. its not so much an all terrain more of a high way tire. you will get better wear than the at-s.
just my :m2:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the input guys. I really appreciate it :D

After all was said and done, I ended up going with Goodyear Eagle LS from NTB. I got charged $575 out the door. Seemed cheap to me, and so far I like em.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
26 Posts
The last couple of sets of tires I have bought for my cars were yokohamas which we were very well pleased. And guess what... they were made in the good ole US of A! Lots of good information at tirerack.com, including country of origin under the specs tab for each tire.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
152 Posts
My original Michelin Cross Terrains laster 68,000 miles and still passed inspection. They are great, and quiet tires. I also went nuts researching and asking trailvoy owners in parking lots about their tires.

But when Sam's Club offered free installation and only $149. on the 17" Cross Terrains, that did it for me. Put them on a few weeks ago. Nice!:yes:

PS The sale runs all summer.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
I run the Yokohamas AT-2s on my 06 Silverado in a plus 2 size. So far they have been great. In the New york snowy winter and on Mud trails they work good. I have been in heavy deep snow on top of mud and they pulled me thru.
However most of my driving is on the roads around western NY and they perform well. This is my 3rd set on different trucks, they last me about 35K miles with my style of driving. I am going to try a set on my TB this fall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.