Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO,:eek:fftopic: I am pretty excited to tie the knot this Oct, I let her take my truck for the first time last weekend right after I cleaned it "so proud it looked great" and when she came back raved how smooth it was, then the other night she says hey can I use your truck to go to the store. ARGH what have I done, Oh what have I done..:suicide::hopeless:eek:fftopic:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Did you get engaged before or after the truck-borrowing?

I got engaged in college, 37 years ago, and had to borrow a buddy's new car to take her out to propose. Mine was a $50 P.O.S. - too embarrassing to be seen in, much less to propose.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked weel after I had the truck. She just thinks what's mine is hers and what's hers is hers. jkn she reallly is great and looks good in the passenger seat. ahahhahaha:dielaugh:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
425 Posts
We bought the truck after 3 years of been together.I was the only driver because she didn't know how to drive...once she learned.... she took over and I've only driving it once or maybe twice a month:dielaugh: or... after a good wash and interior detail:weird:

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I asked weel after I had the truck. She just thinks what's mine is hers and what's hers is hers. jkn she reallly is great and looks good in the passenger seat. ahahhahaha:dielaugh:
So, did she say yes to you, or to the truck :crackup:; oh, and the "front" seat is not the one we judge them in (sorry, don't know why I said that :crackup:).
Best of luck to both of you.......... we could have a TrailVoy wedding meet.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
Done right, marriage is the single BEST possible thing a guy can do!

Congrats!

Let me know if you want some tips to make it work. My wife and I do a lot of marriage ministry and we've learned things...

Oh, and we're in 31 years now -- still like kids on prom night! It CAN be good... :woot:

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
I'm getting married in August. I let her drive the Rainier once, cause we went out and I had a few drinks so I let her drive, ( she didn't drink). Other than that she hasn't touched it. She does want to drive it but I wont let her, lol.

We've only been together for just over 2.5 years. We get married 2 days before our 3 year anniversary, so I guess we start over again at 1, lol.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
I let my gf drive my TB once and she caused $4000 worth of damage to it and almost a month in the shop, needless to say that was her first and last time behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Word to the wise...

If you value ANYTHING more than your bride, marriage will end up a long, miserable experience.

I understand how much our vehicles can mean to us, but a good wife is far more valuable than some car or truck. What is mine is hers and what is hers is mine. There is no his or hers once you say "I do," in a successful marriage.

Your TrailVoy machine will be a red spot on the driveway long before your marriage ends -- IF -- you grasp the concept of the two becoming one. If not, you'll have your ride, and still be out there shopping for a bride. :yes:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Word to the wise...

If you value ANYTHING more than your bride, marriage will end up a long, miserable experience.

I understand how much our vehicles can mean to us, but a good wife is far more valuable than some car or truck. What is mine is hers and what is hers is mine. There is no his or hers once you say "I do," in a successful marriage.

Your TrailVoy machine will be a red spot on the driveway long before your marriage ends -- IF -- you grasp the concept of the two becoming one. If not, you'll have your ride, and still be out there shopping for a bride. :yes:
:iagree:
Wise words and to add a little- never go to bed angry. Sit up and talk it out. Never have an argument just to prove you are right, so what if you are right, if it is a dangerious position one thing, if not inportant, let it go. And "Yes Dear" goes a long way. Have fun and I wish you all the luck in the world. From an old fart!!!

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
We aren't married just yet, but soon, and I usually always try and make her laugh one way or another before bed ( when we are together, we actually don't live with each other till we are married). Also we are both stubborn and both know that even if we are wrong, we will fight to say we are right, so we just don't argue cause we know neither of us will win.

As for the truck, well she convinced me to buy it. On the test drive she asked if she could dive it when I bought it, lol, that was before I decided to buy it.

As for saying "yes dear", she HATES it when I do that, she says it makes her feel old, so that is why I do it, :crackup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SO is it wrong of me to ask for the truck to be in a prenup??:rotfl::crackup::eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Word to the wise...

so true anyway so very happy to see I am not alone out here, in this vast world of scared knee knockiness ( I don't, know if that last word is real but it sounds good) :yes::D:iagree:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Word to the wise...

Amen to that, not only words to live by but hope to keep my truck smelling like man...... no funny jokes about smells.. ok, well you can joke if there really funny:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts