Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody i have a couple questions. I have a 04 LT Trailblazer and i just broke 70k miles, i bought the tb used at about 60k miles almost 2 years ago.

My first question is what kind of general upkeep should i be doing to keep everything in good working condition? Ive been doing my oilchanges; infact i have about 1k miles until i do the next one. Just recently i cleaned to the throttle body out and cleaned all the parts under the hood :D looks brand new. When should i be changing out spark plugs (not sure if it has been done since its been around) and what brands do you suggest? Everything appears to be running well.

Dont have any problems with the vehicle running wise, just have a question about the outside, have a little surface rust on the passenger side rear door. I live in alaska and took it to a couple shops up here and they are quoting me at about 1200-1500$ for a fix... Im going to probably be leaving here in about a year so i think ill hold off until i go down to the lower 48 until i get a legit fix. Just want to know what you suggest i do in the mean time to slow it down and make it look alittle more appealing.

Thanks in advance guys! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
With unknown service I would change all fluids. You need to fill out the User CP at the top of the page so we know what you have. Tranny fluid (dex6), diff front and rear, transfer case fluid, antifreeze, brake fluid.

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts
:iagree: make sure all the fluids are new. ALL of them. I wouldn't worry about the plugs yet. They were designed to last longer, and if you are running smooth, don't mess with it. As for the paint... I would do something to protect it. Don't let the rust spread or get worse. If you want to just protect it I would at least sand it down and prime it.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
10,000 miles in 2 yrs?....
5000 miles a year....

wow. low miles...
I do about 5000 every 3 months

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i dont drive around town very much, and when i do its only like a 10 minute drive. Im out of town about 2 weeks a month give or take a week so that also helps. So you all just recommend changing the fluids and that should be good? The belts all look in good condition im trying to hold out on buying another airfilter because i plan on doing a K&N system in a few months.

The rust is very annoying im planning on taking some 0000 steel wool and rubbing down the rust then im going to light sand it and prime it and get some touch up paint from the dealer and run that over it. Hopefully that takes care of it.

·
Registered
2004 chevy
587 Posts
It looks like that paint chip is on the front part of the rear passenger side door. I have one there, too. You might want to look into mud flaps or running boards to help protect that area a bit.

I'm going to be sanding/priming/painting mine as well. Be sure to do it before the rust sets in deep.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like that paint chip is on the front part of the rear passenger side door. I have one there, too. You might want to look into mud flaps or running boards to help protect that area a bit.

I'm going to be sanding/priming/painting mine as well. Be sure to do it before the rust sets in deep.

Yeah deffinately , i think the mud flaps will be the best rout for me right now. Up here in anchorage they dont salt the roads they put like sand down so rocks are always hitting my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.