Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, since you are my go to source for trouble shooting, I'm looking for an opinion before I tear into it and spend some money. Wifes 02 Trailblazer, 4wd with 171k on the clock. Last september I noticed the outside passenger CV Boot clamp must have lost some clamp because it was losing grease and slinging it on the frame. Got a new clamp and fixed the bleeding, but couldn't get the boot loose from the joint so just clamped it and went on my way.

I've been noticing more of a geary sound when driving it now. The sound/feel in the steering wheel is pretty much is completely gone when turning left, but gets more pronounced when turning right, Any ideas. New joint, just grease the current one or something else? Ideas?

Thanks in advance guys.
Andrew

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
70 Posts
There is a TSB on a "Groan" in the steering wheel, I dont believe that its highly likely that its your issue, but it may be something to check out. The recomended fix is a new steering gear.

It could also be a wheel bearing, they tend to make more or less noize/vibration when turning one way or another.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
I'm leaning toward the left wheel bearing if the noise/grinding goes away when you turn left. Turning right puts more pressure on the left bearing, increasing the noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts