Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after figuring out that I had 3.42's and no g80 I contacted my friend who owns a junk yard in hunt for a rear end...he actually has a rear end from an 05 with 3.73 and g80. That he will sell me for really cheap (200 bucks). My question is, do I have to swap the front gears as well? And where can I pick a set up if I do have to?

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
So after figuring out that I had 3.42's and no g80 I contacted my friend who owns a junk yard in hunt for a rear end...he actually has a rear end from an 05 with 3.73 and g80. That he will sell me for really cheap (200 bucks). My question is, do I have to swap the front gears as well? And where can I pick a set up if I do have to?
Yes you have to swap for the front and also need a tune. I just swapped mine from 3.73 to 4.10. If you interested i still have my 3.73 front and rear...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awsome thank you for the help! I just let him know I wanted it...now I gotta wait for funds to build back up and I will let you know abt the front 3.73 this is getting expensive, but I want to do it right, and with the mud down here in louisianna the g80 should help a lot! Can't wait to have all my parts here and get it done! Well maybe if I ever get access to a real computer not just my phone ill post my mud pics in stock form! Haha good times!
Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts